Fan art issue with multi-artists...
if the largest common path is

Somepath\Artist 1\Album 1\

How is it finding art under

\Somepath\Artist 1\ ?

Something's looking at the parent folder somewhere. Unless it's the largest common path to the albums, not the largest common path to the tracks?

But this is an aside, and not really relevant, I was just curious as to why Artist 2 never gets assigned an image, and have assumed that you simply skip searching for artwork with additional artists (although clearly you have taken them into account when assigning file paths to artists)

Hope this isn't coming across as futile... just trying to figure if we can crack this little problem in a sound way without trying to change already well thought through and proven logic. It's a tiny issue really.
Spiff already explained the case of a single path for the album in question. Here's the code to make it clearer:

Code:
// special case for single path - assume that we're in an artist/album/songs filesystem
    if (iRowsFound == 1)
    {
      CUtil::GetParentPath(m_pDS2->fv("strPath").get_asString(), basePath);

This is the only filesystem heirachy that really makes any sense.

And yes, only the primary artist of any song is taken into account.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm in no way a programmer but wouldn't artistname.jpg or artistname-fanart.jpg make it easier to associate with the correct artist?

Mike
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Yes, it would help. Esp if the team implemented my longer term suggestion for art rationalisation (in the improvements forum)
To my mind there is a bunch of legacy art naming issues, users who struggle a little to implement art, and this multiartist issue too.

XBMC is a great product and has evolved. Im sure it will continue to evolve too...

The only issue might be that developers invest a lot of timem thought and emotion into code... So a change needs a strong logical argument

multiple song artists is only partly supported due to the above reasons... which makes assumptions for primary artist and works well, but wont make similar assumptions for additional artists... in my view, it could be improved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fan art issue with multi-artists...0