[BUG?]A Useful progressbar
I think that the progressbar that is shown when scanning movies is very uninformative, shouldn't the progressbar show the progress of the whole scan, not just the one item it's processing at the moment?
Since at least when I scan I just get a lot of flicker on the progressbar as it goes from 0 to 100 in a millisecond and then back to 0.

Or is it perhaps something wrong about how the skins take advantage of the progressbar?
I seem to recollect a image where there are two progressbars... one that shows the progress of the whole job and one that shows the progress of the current item.

Just thought I could start a discussion before creating a bug report.
  • Livingroom - C2D E8400, P5N7A-VM on a Samsung 46" LE46M86 FullHD via HDMI
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
  • Bedroom - LG Laptop on a 32" tv
there are two bars and the skinners choose
I see that sometimes current item isn't displayed at all ..

I agree we should display two progress bar .. One showing current and one showing overall progresss ..
we have a fix pending for the no item shown. it happens with url nfo files
hmm, those evil skinners... why not show the right bar??.. Tongue
  • Kitchen - ASRock 330 HT Displayed on a Samsung Lapfit 22" dual touch screen LD220Z
after some closer look in the pm3 xml. It looks like it should show the progressbar of total progress. progress control with id 403. Could it be a bug somewhere in there?
will create a Debug Log and a demo folder structure...for reproduction.
sure there can be bugs, i never pay much attention to such details Wink
demo folderstruct
http://www.mediafire.com/?wgmqbocwlwl
Debug Log
http://www.mediafire.com/?vhdznu5ojzt
congrats spiff, you just won a cc on the trac! Wink
the second one that do show seem to show the progress of all files in one folder.
not a single file. and the first that's supposed to show the progress of all files to be scanned is not working at all.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BUG?]A Useful progressbar0