library update does not update music fanart
What I don't understand is this.. I have the default music scraper set to allmusic. However, when in FanArt mode in the Library I don't see any. However, I have my screensaver set to show fanart, and when the screensaver kicks in, I get a nice random showing of my Music/TV/Music fanart, which tells me the music fanart DID scrape?? I'm confused...
so i remove my music source folder, delete the actual database file and then re-start xbmc, re-add my source folder, re-scan folder to library, and it STILL won't pick up the artist fanart changes.

i can only get it to work by deleting the fanart folder under userdata, then doing the above.

what am i doing wrong?
i still have this issue...if i update some music id3 tags...a library re-scan picks up the changes, no problem. if i change the music artist fanart...a re-scan will not way to pick up the change. looks like a library scan will not overwrite the cached fanart images?

is this a known issue? are other people successfully getting music artist fanart to update with a simple library re-scan?

as a work around, i can have the music scraper find the artist info, then i am able to manually select the fanart i have in the artist folder.
I had some issues playing with Music Fanart, but they were supposedly fixed.
http://www.xbmc.org/trac/ticket/6622
What version are you using?
If later than 20857 you should either add comments to that ticket (so the associated devs will see them), or post a new ticket and I will try to remember to notify them.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kmfdm515 Wrote:i was finally able to get the fanart to be displayed - by deleting my music database and recreating.

obviously not ideal to have to do that every time i add a file...is this an issue with the specific SVN build i am using?

here's another poster having issues updating the music library:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=48450

Having the same issue. It appears that the only way to remove the music library is to delete it manually. Anyone has managed to do so differently?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
library update does not update music fanart0