first steps...
Hi,
i'm trying my first steps with python and xbmc,
i'm using linux as my os and eclipse as my ide.

while trying to import xbmc module i get "ImportError: No module named xbmc", though i can run just about any script inside xbmc.

could someone please give a brief explanation of what are my option? do i need to run the script inside xbmc to see it runing? i would really love to use eclipse as my ide and use all the nice ad-dons it gets me like code compilation and such but since i'm getting the error above then eclipse is unable to recognize the xbmc module and therefor cannot list all it's data member and functions.

so how does one write, debug and run xbmc python script?

i would really appreciate any kind of help.

10x
Write the core of it first, without the xbmc modules, then port it over.

There is no other way to do it, as xbmc, xbmcgui, and xbmcplugin directly depend on things inside of xbmc to work.

EDIT: While you're doing this, make sure you use python 2.4.x, or you may run into problems.
You can use raw_input to simulate input after print the list items/options
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
ok rwparris2 , i got it.
thnks for your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
first steps...0