XBMC_for_Mac-Babylon-Alpha1 released
Krieg Wrote:Not only that, but you have to count the time to manually fix the files that were wrongly recognized of not recognized at all.

In a decent sized library this is actually lot of work.

This is why I changed to a local .nfo based library. I simply have too many foreign movies and otherwise non-default choices for things. The scraper is a neat tool but, especially on an atv, renaming titles or choosing artwork is a nightmare.

Now I joyfully wipe out my database whenever needed and have it fully imported back in a few mins. It's a real stress saver.
criti Wrote:for the library issues, I'm pretty sure I had to delete my database files awhile ago with the SVN releases. I was getting an error saying that it couldn't add new items to my database because the version of my database file was too old. so, you should be able to delete the videos db file from userdata/Databases, and rescan everything and it'll rebuild it with the new database version.

for the mediastream issue, are you sure you are using the latest mediastream? the skin version should be 2.1 now. You can go into the mediastream skin folder and open up skin.xml and check what version it is. if it is less than 2.0, you need to update mediastream.

Where do I find this 2.1 version? Do you mean Minimalko's MediastreamMod_v.2.1?
AtomicBobVila Wrote:Where do I find this 2.1 version? Do you mean Minimalko's MediastreamMod_v.2.1?

I compiled the latest SVN.
kirbypuckett Wrote:I compiled the latest SVN.

Is there anywhere I can download a compiled version? I don't really know how to compile stuff.

Thank you.
Updated to babylon, but my library mode is greyed out.

I have tried to set content but it doesn't work or take hold.

I trashed the XBMC user data folder and reinstalled and still no luck.

Any suggestions?
I had this same issue, after using cyberduck to view the files the mediastream folder was empty. I added the files and was back on track. Strange that it only had an empty folder.
rdubya Wrote:I had this same issue, after using cyberduck to view the files the mediastream folder was empty. I added the files and was back on track. Strange that it only had an empty folder.

I had the same issue.

My solution of the issue is to be exported the movie-database before the update are running. After export and before update, had I erase the old database in that folder:

/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Database/MyVideos34.db

Information:
/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails <--- in that folder are saved all fanarts and movieposters.

Afterwards I installed the update and imported the database back.

Now all works fine, hope that helps.

Greetz Guibaa

ATV 2.1, Launcher 3.0,
I updated my AppleTV with Babylon and now I cannot receive any content update for movies/tv iso's. I try to set the content for each smd shared folder but it won't take. Does anyone have any ideas?
hopdog Wrote:I updated my AppleTV with Babylon and now I cannot receive any content update for movies/tv iso's. I try to set the content for each smd shared folder but it won't take. Does anyone have any ideas?

When I have had problems like that I have deleted my userdata folder and started afresh and all is then well.

Terrier
Is this the folder that you deleted the contents from?

/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata
hopdog Wrote:Is this the folder that you deleted the contents from?

/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata

Yes thats correct
A positive comment....

Since running Babylon (alpha1) on my ATV, I notice that video playback is much very smoother than under Atlantis (bf1). In case it's relevant, I am using 50Hz settings and running video via HDMI into a Panasonic 37 inch plasma (TH37PX60B). Big thanks for this. Big Grin

A minor negative (and it might just be something I have/have not done). After each film (ISO or Video_TS folder) XBMC does not return to the menus, instead just giving me a blank screen. If I press the menu button, then it will return and I can continue browsing my media. Any thoughts?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC_for_Mac-Babylon-Alpha1 released0