• 19(current)
Film studio Flag Icons - Post new ones here!
I've been following this thread for a while now and I think the work you guys are doing is great.
Since Auriga I know some people have being having problems with getting these to work, I have not got it all working fine, so I thought I would upload it so everyone can enjoy.

Works with Auriga (29th April 2009)
Changed: All studio flags are now white
Changed: Includes_Mediaflags.xml shows studio flags in both Multiplex and Showcase
Added: AAC audio flag and reference, works in both Multiplex and Showcase
Added: Weinstein Company studio flag
Fixed: Sweedish Film Institute interfering with Lucasfilms

http://rapidshare.com/files/227439535/MediaFlags.zip

I hope this helps a few people until Auriga development slows down and FernFerret can adapt his scripts.

I have a couple of requests though, could people start adding the film flags in white to FernFerrets web site and could someone please create a flag for 'The Wild Bunch' (for the film The Wrestler).
FernFerret Wrote:I may be able to generate one from my script, i think that's what your pm was about.

Ok i think I understand your correctly:

Current Functionality:

It will either do Dolby Digital or DTS, the EX / ES are not supported. If the string contains dts, then it will show the DTS logo, if the string contains DTS ES, it will show the DTS logo. This personally is good enough for me, but maybe i'm misunderstaning your question.

Also i use XBMC + MFU which currently only supports DTS/AC-3, so I guess you could make new flags, and make new tags, and then it would work, but maybe i'm not understanding you correctly.

--FF

Sorry didnt mean to confuse you.

For example: If I have a Blu-ray movie that is DTS Master Audio (DTS MA) or Dolby True HD, I would like for those icons to show up just like DTS or Dolby Digital does. If your not sure what the logo's look like, they can be found on Dolby's and DTS websites.

I dont know if they are supported as of yet or, if they are, what I need to put in Media Info Plus to get them to show up.

Thanks again
The problem with this is that if you did add Dolby True HD and DTS Master Audio as media flags when XBMC scans nfo for the film it will pick up the like this:
'DTS' Master Audio
'DTS Master Audio'
meaning that it will try to show both flags in the same place, giving a horrid overlap.
The only solution I can think of off the top of my head would be to reduce the size of the DTS logo and put it slightly to the lefthand side. Save it as DTS.png and the add the MA to the right hand side, leaving the DTS in the same position. Save this as DTSMA.png
Then when XMBC overlays the two images you would never know as the bits that say DTS will be perfectly matched.

I'll give it a go and see if it works.
stoplis Wrote:The problem with this is that if you did add Dolby True HD and DTS Master Audio as media flags when XBMC scans nfo for the film it will pick up the like this:
'DTS' Master Audio
'DTS Master Audio'
meaning that it will try to show both flags in the same place, giving a horrid overlap.
The only solution I can think of off the top of my head would be to reduce the size of the DTS logo and put it slightly to the lefthand side. Save it as DTS.png and the add the MA to the right hand side, leaving the DTS in the same position. Save this as DTSMA.png
Then when XBMC overlays the two images you would never know as the bits that say DTS will be perfectly matched.

You can use and ("+"), or ("|") and not ("!") statements so have if "DTS" and not "DTS Master Audio" you know it is just "DTS" and so on.
stoplis Wrote:The problem with this is that if you did add Dolby True HD and DTS Master Audio as media flags when XBMC scans nfo for the film it will pick up the like this:
'DTS' Master Audio
'DTS Master Audio'
Then when XBMC overlays the two images you would never know as the bits that say DTS will be perfectly matched.

Thanks for the help and let me know if it works.

As an example of the logos Im looking for check out the following:

DTS-HD Master Audio - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:DTS-HD-MA.svg
Dolby True HD - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dolby_TrueHD.svg

Thanks again
So which symbol would I need to just give DTS?
What is the file type for DoblyTrueHD? Is it eac-3?

This is what I've done with what I know:

DTS

DTS Master Audio

http://rapidshare.com/files/227507550/HD_Audio.zip

You would have to change the nfo for the films so DTS master audio read 'DTSMA' and DolbyTrueHD said 'DolbyTrueHD'.
It works and it doesn't look bad, but seeing as I don't have and films with these I wont be using it.
redtapemedia Wrote:You can use and ("+"), or ("|") and not ("!") statements so have if "DTS" and not "DTS Master Audio" you know it is just "DTS" and so on.

Proper syntax would be

For the MA tag

Code:
<visible>substring(listitem.studio(DTS) + [substring (listitem.studio, Master Audio) | substring(listitem.studio,MA)]</visible>

For the Regular Tag

Code:
<visible>substring(listitem.studio(DTS) + ![substring (listitem.studio, Master Audio) | substring(listitem.studio,MA)]</visible>
Thanks digitalhigh, if this works I may as well add it to my files.

Just tried that, it didn't work. Nothing would show for either DTS or DTSMA. Any ideas?
Hell is upon me right now, maybe some changes along with a working verison of the script this weekend...

stoplis: Thank you for throwing up a working version

--FF
stoplis Wrote:Thanks digitalhigh, if this works I may as well add it to my files.

Just tried that, it didn't work. Nothing would show for either DTS or DTSMA. Any ideas?

Hey, I just noticed I accidentally left a space between "listitem.studio," and MA. Delete those spaces and try again.
Ok fixed it, so I've updated my complete package.

Added: DTS Master Audio - Must be labeled as DTSMA in the NFO
Added: Dolby True HD - Must be labeled as dolbytruehd in the NFO

Download
stoplis,

Great Job. I like the package. Is there anyway you can work with Halibutt to have him update his first post with the latest version of this package? Or maybe you can start your own.

Thanks again,
SoBBie Big Grin
stoplis Wrote:Ok fixed it, so I've updated my complete package.

Added: DTS Master Audio - Must be labeled as DTSMA in the NFO
Added: Dolby True HD - Must be labeled as dolbytruehd in the NFO

Download

Thanks so much for giving me a hand with this. Now since Im kind of new to all this, I see you put a download link on there. When I download it, what is my next steps?

Thanks again!
jondr13 Wrote:Thanks so much for giving me a hand with this. Now since Im kind of new to all this, I see you put a download link on there. When I download it, what is my next steps?

Thanks again!

He has included all the aeon folders, simply copy and paste the contents of MediaFlags (once you've unzipped it) to your skin folder, presuming your skin folder is named "Aeon"

super_sobbie Wrote:stoplis,

Great Job. I like the package. Is there anyway you can work with Halibutt to have him update his first post with the latest version of this package? Or maybe you can start your own.

Thanks again,
SoBBie Big Grin

The problem is, that this is a temporary solution. When any new icons come through, someone would have to update the package. This is just a LOT of work. Which is why we have the script.

The reason the script is not working now, is because djh_'s code changes so frequently. If a big change happens again, and it may, then this pack too will become nullified.

I will get the new Audio ones put into my script, along with all of the other fixes.

As previously stated, look for an update this weekend.

--FF
super_sobbie Wrote:stoplis,

Thanks again,
SoBBie Big Grin

I won't be starting my own thread with this, as all of the real work was done by Halibutt (images) and FernFerret (code) all I did was a lot of leg work, Invert all 130 something images and copy/edit FernFerrets code into my Includes_Mediaflags.xml in all the right places, package it and upload it.
I have done this as a hold over until FernFerret is happy with his scripts. But until then I will try to keep this package upto date.

jondr13 Wrote:Thanks so much for giving me a hand with this. Now since Im kind of new to all this, I see you put a download link on there. When I download it, what is my next steps?

Thanks again!

When you exstract it you will need to copy Includes_Mediaflags.xml from 720p into your 720p folder in the skin, then copy the contents of the media/flags folder into the media/flags folder in your skin. Accept any request to Replace files.
Once that is done it will work. If there are any films you wish to label as DTSMA or True HD then in the folder for that movie there should be an NFO file, open it in notepad.
There will be a line that reads something like <studio>Tweenth Centry Fox / 720p / DTS / eng </studio>
If you change the 'DTS' to 'DTSMA' and refresh the movies details in XBMC it will show up with the DTSMA logo, like wise if you label it as 'dolbytruehd'

I hope this helps.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Film studio Flag Icons - Post new ones here!4