Movie Library Recursive Scanning
Question 
Hi there. I'm trying to setup my library but it won't let me recursively scan my movie directory. It works fine when scanning one folder with a movie in it, but I have over 250 movies to add and don't fancy adding each dir, one at a time. I check the 'Scan Recursively' checkbox but it just seems to unset itself when I leave the 'set content' section. Any suggestions?
AFAIK this was fixed recently, but why do you need recursive?
In the case of:
Movies
|----Movie 1
| |___ Movie 1 files
|
----Movie 2
|___ Movie 2 files

You set contents on the Movies folder, use foldernames and no recursive needed (it's only needed for deeper scanning than this).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
That's the structure I've got but it won't scan for some reason. The scan dialog pops up for a second, then disappears. I figured I needed the recursive option checked. I've just got the latest build installing so I'll see how it goes.
No joy. It still won't let me scan recursively. My files are on a local NTFS drive if that makes any difference?
Success! Don't know what I did different, but it worked all the same. Cheers for your help.
Fwiw, recusrsive is not needed in your case so the fact it does not stick has no direct bearing on your particular problem.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I can confirm the same error. I have also the same folder structure
as sho layed out. If i dont select scan recursive the process stops
rpretty fast. I have too select "scan recursive" to get all my movies scanned.
Turn debug logging and see what the issue is. Most likely it has something to do with the scraper and not your file organization.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Library Recursive Scanning0