ATI + 3200 + Catalyst 9.3 - Underscan
Hi,

I believe this has come up in many forms but I've not yet found the solution to all my underscan issues. Has anyone else solved this and able to help?

I have a Plasma TV powered by XBMC with an ATI 3200 card running the 9.3 drivers. The desktop (mythubuntu Intrepid) is running at 1920x1080x60Hz and until 9.3 it was underscanning by about 15%. The new drivers have enabled me to correct this underscan issue and on loading XBMC the underscan is also gone (on the menu screens).

The problem I have is that although I have corrected underscan on all of the control views, when I play a move (DVD ISO, or anything relay) the underscan is back again. (but only when I'm playing the movie. It is still gone for the menu screens when I stop).

XBMC is set to run at 1920x1080x60 in the display sections and the refresh is set as auto. Am I missing something, was I wrong in thinking the 9.3 drivers would completely correct underscan or have I just missed something very very obvious.

Thanks,

Chris
From some of the problems that other users have brought up about resolutions, they lead me to believe that the resolution of the menu, and that of the video playback are handled separately, but should be the same at all times, however, it seems this is not the case.

Get a debug log of XBMC with these symptoms, a trac might be in order.

Sticky: HOW-TO post about a problem in a useful manner

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATI + 3200 + Catalyst 9.3 - Underscan0