Media Flag cheat?
Can someone make a way so i may just rename my movie to something like The Dark Knight.720p.AC-3.wmv so that the flags may work? I have tried every flippin option in these forums and none look as good as everyone is showing they can be.

Thanks!
I believe everything except the type of file needs to be in the nfo file now. Use Media Info Plus to update the media info on all the files in your library. The only thing you need to put in the file name right now is the media type (sddvd, hddvd, bluray, etc)
My only issue is that I have very few HD anything I'd just like to cheat to have those flags ya know Smile
You aren't going to be able to cheat the 720p, and ac-3 tags. They need to be in the nfo file as far as I know. You can cheat the format. If you look in the includes_mediaflags.xml file just change the keyword for what you want. In example, the original file associates sddvd with the dvd flag. I did a search and replace and replaced all of the "sddvd" in the xml file with "iso" so all my iso files show as a DVD.
I think you could achieve this by replacing all the strings in Includes_MediaFlags.xml

substring(listitem.studio,

with

substring(listitem.filename,
OH ok sweet i'll try that now Smile thanks man Smile
anyone try out krypt2nite's idea?
XBMCG33K Wrote:anyone try out krypt2nite's idea?

I thought you were going to? You're the only person I've seen that is using this method.
I use it also.
I took the includes_mediaflags.xml and replaced studio with filename at all things.

the day after tomorrow.bluray.1080p.dts.6ch.Fox.mkv
And it worked Synapse?

Just did it and it does work Smile
krypt2nite Wrote:I think you could achieve this by replacing all the strings in Includes_MediaFlags.xml

substring(listitem.studio,

with

substring(listitem.filename,

Would this also work the other way round? If we replace the strings to say studio could we put all of the info in the studio tags in the nfo and nothing in the filename?
Hidd3nFury Wrote:Would this also work the other way round? If we replace the strings to say studio could we put all of the info in the studio tags in the nfo and nothing in the filename?

Yep this would work exactly as you think.
Brilliant, I've been looking through these forums every day for a solution like this as I like to keep my file names nice and simple.

Thanks Big Grin
Synapse Wrote:I use it also.
I took the includes_mediaflags.xml and replaced studio with filename at all things.

the day after tomorrow.bluray.1080p.dts.6ch.Fox.mkv

Shocked

How exactly did you do this? Cause this sound very good in my ears, I have also tried to get the working for days! Eek

Would this work with Aeon mods, like Hitcher's MOD? I'm using his MOD and right now i got problems by showing the videoresolution flag correct Undecided

For every movie it shows: 480p, when some of them are 576p, 720p ect. No
Your meta data may be wrong. Have you checked to see if the meta data is right? You can edit that data with media managers like MediaMonkey.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Flag cheat?0