Music Library not updating?
I cannot get my Library to update at all... no items show in Library view.

I have had this problem with the past week of builds.

I have deleted my DB and they recreate but in the views it says I have no items scanned.

I have set to scan on startup and tried cleaning - no help there.

All my files (photos, music, movies, tv) are all over SMB shares, on the same server.

Video library and photos work fine. I have verified that the share is open and working.

the only error in the log I can find that looks possibly relevant is this...
22:50:38 T:1832 M:2650091520 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://office/music/_Oldies/
22:50:38 T:3344 M:2650091520 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting smb://office/music/_Oldies/
22:50:38 T:3344 M:2650079232 NOTICE: My Music: Scanning for music info using worker thread, operation took 00:02
22:50:50 T:3644 M:2648043520 WARNING: DIRECTORY::CMusicDatabaseDirectory::GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 2
22:50:50 T:3644 M:2647826432 WARNING: DIRECTORY::CMusicDatabaseDirectory::GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 2
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I 2nd this, I don't have an error log, but tonight I was finishing setting up my friends XBMC, and the library was working at one point. I updated to a newer build and could not get it to scan at all. The first log I got said something about it detected the database was newer than expected - dunno word for word but it basically told me the database was too new for the version of XBMC I was running. So I uninstalled XBMC not sure which version I had installed I put the 19301 one on (latest) No dice, so I removed it and tried 19161, same issue, I didn't change my directory structure, and I made sure the xbmc stuff in my user profile was deleted before I reinstalled. So I tried to pull 1 album and put it in a different location. When I manually scan (won't auto scan, even with it checked) it detects the album, but just sits there saying it's scanning and doesn't move. I could have sworn I used 19161 initially for his XBMC but maybe I didn't. I'm going back tomorrow probably I'll try an older build. This is frustrating as the movies scan fine and everything else seems to be working.

this is on Vista 64 if that makes any difference.
no one else having this issue... just the two of us?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Library not updating?0