Rescan NFO files only?
Is this possible with the current builds? I'm asking this because I noticed that when I updated all my nfo files to include media flag content that I had to go to each movie and select "reload". If it isn't possible with the latest, would it be possible to add a function in the settings that does this and call it "Update Media Info Only"?
IMO the proper behavior would be for XBMC to detect that the file changed (by filesize/timestamp hash) and rescan it (same goes for thumbnails). I believe this is actually the expected behavior and it's just not working properly right now.
Nope, we are doing path hashes not file hashes at the moment.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:Nope, we are doing path hashes not file hashes at the moment.
So what would be an easier option other than updating one movie at a time? Would deleting the video db file and rescanning be the only other option?
Just set content to none, say "yes" when it asks to remove the items from this source, then set content back to movies and scan.
That works for me! Thanks Smile
althekiller Wrote:Just set content to none, say "yes" when it asks to remove the items from this source, then set content back to movies and scan.

But this takes forever on an 800+ movie collection, or a 3500+ TV Show collection... is this really what we're expected to do?

Here is how my data flow works:
1. I put the movie in the 'Movies' folder and XBMC picks it up through it's rescan function as a new movie.
2. I pick the proper movie covers, etc. using Ember Media Manager once a week (say when I have 5 new movies to do).

At this point, I either have to refresh the whole library like you've outlined, or manually go to each of the 5 movies and click 'Refresh' in the movie description page. Neither of these can't be the best solutions to this problem.

Is there anything out there/going to be out there soon?
f00kie Wrote:But this takes forever on an 800+ movie collection, or a 3500+ TV Show collection... is this really what we're expected to do?

Here is how my data flow works:
1. I put the movie in the 'Movies' folder and XBMC picks it up through it's rescan function as a new movie.
2. I pick the proper movie covers, etc. using Ember Media Manager once a week (say when I have 5 new movies to do).

At this point, I either have to refresh the whole library like you've outlined, or manually go to each of the 5 movies and click 'Refresh' in the movie description page. Neither of these can't be the best solutions to this problem.

Is there anything out there/going to be out there soon?

Don't scan your new movies into xbmc until you have chosen your artwork with Ember doesn't make sense to me doing it your way
Star 
>>X<<' Wrote:Don't scan your new movies into xbmc until you have chosen your artwork with Ember doesn't make sense to me doing it your way
I agree with that... scanner with ember first, means you only make one trip to the net for the .nfo and images, then a quick rescrape and deny the net trip loads up your library. But you do want to be sure to include the .tbn if you want to include Media Companion in your arsenal of manipulators otherwise your posters will not show up.
PatK Wrote:I agree with that... scanner with ember first, means you only make one trip to the net for the .nfo and images, then a quick rescrape and deny the net trip loads up your library. But you do want to be sure to include the .tbn if you want to include Media Companion in your arsenal of manipulators otherwise your posters will not show up.

Or seeing as Ember re-compresses downloaded images (check yourself by downloading the image manually and then with ember and comparing sizes) I download the artwork manually and then load it in. the file size of the artwork is then correct.
getvideoartwork.com is great for amazing posters! and then i update XBMC
WingmanNZ Wrote:Or seeing as Ember re-compresses downloaded images (check yourself by downloading the image manually and then with ember and comparing sizes) I download the artwork manually and then load it in. the file size of the artwork is then correct.
getvideoartwork.com is great for amazing posters! and then i update XBMC

Change the quality setting in Ember then and watch out for "getvideoartwork.com" as quite a lot of their stuff is custom made and some of it isn't that well done

If you want truly original artwork then MoviePosterDB is the place to go even TMDb slightly lowers the file size of an image after its uploaded I guess for space reasons bandwidth etc although quality remains high if the original image is good
I agree with everyone that you should use Ember or another media manager to first get all the information for your movies, but I felt like Dharma was supposed to make big steps towards easier functionality. Don't get me wrong they have done great, the beta I am using is much better and it is something my family can use without being tech savvy at all.

For someone like me who has a busy schedule, sometimes I get behind on adding my movies to xbmc and I scrape a few at a time. I usually get trailers while it scrapes, but it takes awhile and I don't have time to sit around and go through all the options. I just run automatic scrape, leave and go do whatever and it is done when I get back. Then I add them to xbmc, well if I don't like something or just want to change a couple things I go and do so. Unfortunately, then you have to delete source and rescan all your movies. I wish xbmc scanned and overwrote any new changes in its database so all this information would be automatically changed without any interaction from the user.
Or just use XBMC's scrapers. Way easier.
crash123 Wrote:Or just use XBMC's scrapers. Way easier.

not really.

The use of 3rd party scrapers enables you to have your movies ALWAYS be correct, and where all systems that run XBMC have exactly the same data as the others.

for 1 machine, XBMC scrapers good. multiple, 3rd party better.
althekiller Wrote:Just set content to none, say "yes" when it asks to remove the items from this source, then set content back to movies and scan.

Remember that this will destroy your "resently added" history, but then again, so does refreshing one movie at the time. Why is that btw? Im not adding a new movie, simply refreshing it, but it pops up on top of the list. It doesn't make sense to me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rescan NFO files only?0