Weirdness: Video stutters in sync with remote...
So I've had xbmc running on my linux box hooked up to the tv for about a week now. And it's been perfect... the remote works, video playback works, audio playback works... just like everything is supposed to work.

However, I came from work today and wanted to watch a show I'd just downloaded but when I started it the audio seemed to play just fine but the video was extremely choppy. We're talking 1 frame every 2-3 seconds at the most.

I didn't think much of it, thought that maybe xbmc was just in some state because I'd left it running for so long and rebooted the machine. However, once it came back up nothing had changed. It exhibited exactly the same behavior no matter what video I tried to play.

After a bit of poking about and trying to figure it out I noticed that every time I pressed a button on the remote the video would advance. Doesn't matter which button just as long as the reciever gets a signal the video will advance a few frames.

Now... this is perfectly weird behavior especially because it had been running perfectly for days and a restart didn't change anything. I can't even begin to think why this could be happening.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Ok, so I changed the usb port of the IR receiver, unplugged one usb-thumbdrive and rebooted. Now everything is back to normal...

I'm happy... but it's still weird and it'd be interesting to know why this happened.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weirdness: Video stutters in sync with remote...0