[Request] Media Icon Colour Depth
Hi, I love the way stark works and the whole look of stark. However there is one area which for myself could be improved.

The media icons ( as in film studio, codec, source icons etc ) I would love it if I could change these to what ever I wanted.

I know I can just change the image but at the moment the images are kept to a low bit depth ( I assume this is what you have done ) to keep the look of the skin how you intended it.

For my own use though I would love to have colours in there. Take the 1080P icon for one. I would love to have this a bright gold and the 720P icon a nice silver.

could I please, please request that you allow icons to be used with colour there.
MrTourettes Wrote:For my own use though I would love to have colours in there. Take the 1080P icon for one. I would love to have this a bright gold and the 720P icon a nice silver..
I would like that too...

Are you sure that replacing the respective PNG files is not enough for them to have color?
Nazgulled Wrote:I would like that too...

Are you sure that replacing the respective PNG files is not enough for them to have color?

No. I do not believe the icons are just being blitted to screen normally. I believe they are used in alpha blending so you only see a grey scale of the image.
Instead of "believing", have you actually tried to change one to see what happens?

I would test that for you, just to make sure, but I don't have a video library yet and I'm having some problems with the library itself.
Nazgulled Wrote:Instead of "believing", have you actually tried to change one to see what happens?

I would test that for you, just to make sure, but I don't have a video library yet and I'm having some problems with the library itself.

Yes I have tried. That is why I believe Wink
That's not believing, that's knowing, completely different Tongue
Nazgulled Wrote:That's not believing, that's knowing, completely different Tongue

Yes. However if you re-read my post it was using the word believe to point out how I believe he is displaying the image and not actually stating that I believe it does not work Wink
The icons use color diffuse tags to modify the colours for different circumstances (Showcase, Panel, etc). If you're going to change the icons, just remove that setting and you'll be fine.
djh_ Wrote:The icons use color diffuse tags to modify the colours for different circumstances (Showcase, Panel, etc). If you're going to change the icons, just remove that setting and you'll be fine.

Nice one thanks
Ok, doesn't matter though.

Maybe it's a simple matter of changing an XML file, dunno, can't take a look at it right now...

EDIT:
Too late...
Sorry to be a pain but could you tell me what I am looking for.

Is it in the viewtype_showcase.xml and I assume I am looking for a line similar to :

<colordiffuse>52FFFFFF</colordiffuse>

But I am not sure which actual section I need to find.

EDIT : ok found it. its in the includes_MediaFlags.xml. Just playing with it now.
OK done it. For anyone else interested I edited the Includes_MediaFlags.xml file.

I removed all the diffuse lines. There are 6 in total from top of file you need to remove. Not sure if this is 100% correct but so far all seems ok.

<colordiffuse>74000000</colordiffuse>

Now just need to find colour images for all the icons Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] Media Icon Colour Depth0