fullscreen info when displaying movies
finally im back using xbmc and aeon, everything is working perfectly, just a teeny weeny problem.

in old aeon, when hovering over a movie title, it displayed plot etc, how do you that now, when hovering over a title for 5 seconds, nothing happens.

im very new to the whole xbmc scene, and i always used a mouse, is there a place where i can find all the key bindings used to the different things, or even better, where can i get a remote which i can operate xbmc on my pc.
If you can find one, get a Microsoft Media Center Remote, it works great by default. On the other hand, you can use the keymap.xml file to figure out/custimize your key bindings.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml

--FF
henrikyo Wrote:finally im back using xbmc and aeon, everything is working perfectly, just a teeny weeny problem.

in old aeon, when hovering over a movie title, it displayed plot etc, how do you that now, when hovering over a title for 5 seconds, nothing happens.

im very new to the whole xbmc scene, and i always used a mouse, is there a place where i can find all the key bindings used to the different things, or even better, where can i get a remote which i can operate xbmc on my pc.

There is now no hover-over info view in Aeon Stark AFAIK....It has been replaced with the full-screen info view.
Just hit your "I" key on your keyboard to see the info.
hm so the wmc control works great with xbmc? no configuring needed, if thats the case, im ordering one asap

or wait, isnt that with the xbox, the controller doesnt work with the pc i suppose
Yes the MCE remote works great out of the box with the linux Live version of XBMC - no need to do anything but plug it in. Im sure it works for mac and windows versions as well - but i know that the live distro of xbmc will support it no problem.
I use it with windows, and it's a bit of a pain to get the Green Button to STOP opening M$MCE, but other than that it works great. I also have a Linux stranded box (not live) that it works great with, I can't vouch for the mac.

No it's not the one with the XBOX,

It is this one:
(I know it's sold out, i'm just stating this as an example)
http://compeve.com/index.php?main_page=p...62ea24177e

eBay is where I picked up one a few weeks back, Keyboard and Remote for $25 Smile it was epic!

Although I fear this topic is straying away from AEON.

--FF
FernFerret Wrote:I use it with windows, and it's a bit of a pain to get the Green Button to STOP opening M$MCE, but other than that it works great.
You have to disable the HID service to get it to stop opening MCE. The problem with doing that though is the navigation buttons will no longer work by default and so you have to map them to xbmc commands... and doing that makes navigation more choppy since the repeat rate is never right.

Getting a remote to work correctly in windows is a PITA. I spent the last 3 days configuring mine with EventGhost and only barely got it working the way I want (well, mostly... it could still be better).
LaTropa64 Wrote:You have to disable the HID service to get it to stop opening MCE. The problem with doing that though is the navigation buttons will no longer work by default and so you have to map them to xbmc commands... and doing that makes navigation more choppy since the repeat rate is never right.

Getting a remote to work correctly in windows is a PITA. I spent the last 3 days configuring mine with EventGhost and only barely got it working the way I want (well, mostly... it could still be better).

I spent a few with a Harmony 880, was a PITA at first but I figured it out. google disabling ehome.exe for anyone who is stuck. Once you get that out of the way VMC won't ever open again.
I am maybe a bit stupid here. but does the wmc even work when u use it against a pc? does it use ir or bluetooth or what? im puzzled

btw will this controller work with the aeon stark and xbmc in genereally. i mean for example what button could i use when i want to display movie fullscreen information?

http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=443522

picture:
http://www.komplett.no/img/p/1200/443522.jpg

thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
fullscreen info when displaying movies0