Lost some Apple TV remote functions after updating to Launcher 3.0
I recently updated my Apple TV with Launcher 3, and also updated Boxee to the newest version out. Now when I'm in XBMC the ''push and hold' button functions don't work. I mean like when I'm in XBMC (Mediastream Skin) and I'm in any menu pushing and holding down PLAY is supposed to take me back to the video/song/movie playing. Doesn't work anymore. Or like when i'm in my music collection and a push and hold of the MENU button is supposed to bring up setting options like 'add to library' 'add to favorites' etc. That doesn't work either. All the general one push functions still work. It's just the push and hold functions that don't seem to be picked up.

Could this be because of the new Launcher and/or Boxee throwing a glitch in or is it something else?
Also I should specify i'm still on XBMC Atlantis, I haven't updated that.
Please post console.log to see if Launcher sees the buttons.
I'll try to reproduce this at home, but I'm pretty sure we checked that in the betas.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Excuse my lack of knowledge, where is the console.log located?
ShakeyBobWillis Wrote:Excuse my lack of knowledge, where is the console.log located?

/Library/Logs/Console/501/console.log
All I see in Library/Logs/ is

boxee.log
boxee.old.log
/Crash Reporter Folder
xbmc.log
xbmc.old.log

Perhaps something glitched and I lost the console.log in the update?
ShakeyBobWillis Wrote:All I see in Library/Logs/ is

boxee.log
boxee.old.log
/Crash Reporter Folder
xbmc.log
xbmc.old.log

Perhaps something glitched and I lost the console.log in the update?

Library is different than /Library. *note the leading /
I'm a moron. LoL. I realized that right after I posted.

So how do I go about posting the log to the forum? Do I copy and paste the entire thing? It's quite long.
Hi

Use Pastebin

http://pastebin.com/

Terrier
Thanks for all the help everybody.

Here's the console.log

http://pastebin.com/mbe60805
Big Grin 
Quote:2009-04-08 18:14:53.368 Finder[171] [DEBUG] +[XBMCAppliance className] called for whitelist check, so I'm lying, m'kay?
Wait, WTF??Big Grin
aedile Wrote:Wait, WTF??Big Grin

Yeah I was hoping someone could explain that one to me...among other things.
It comes from the 3rd party AppleTV frontrow developer community. Frontrow does a whitelist check and only allows listed frapplicances to run. That's faked so a 3rd party plugin can run.

"called for whitelist check, so I'm lying, m'kay?"

That's just a debug output from a 3rd party plugin. The text is historical as the very first 3rd party AppleTV frontrow plugin had this same text.

This is an example of obscure software developer humor Smile
davilla Wrote:It comes from the 3rd party AppleTV frontrow developer community. Frontrow does a whitelist check and only allows listed frapplicances to run. That's faked so a 3rd party plugin can run.

"called for whitelist check, so I'm lying, m'kay?"

That's just a debug output from a 3rd party plugin. The text is historical as the very first 3rd party AppleTV frontrow plugin had this same text.

This is an example of obscure software developer humor Smile

Hahaha.

Now for the bigger question. Does the console log explain why I've lost some remote functionality?
ShakeyBobWillis Wrote:Hahaha.

Now for the bigger question. Does the console log explain why I've lost some remote functionality?

Your original question was about "play hold" not working. Try "menu hold".

"Apple TV OS Version 10.4.7 (Build 8N5519)", that's the AppleTV OS r2.1 version.

According to our notes "play hold" is only functional on AppleTVs with r2.2 and greater. Did you happen to do a factory restore ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lost some Apple TV remote functions after updating to Launcher 3.00