What am I doing wrong? -big.png
I can't get the big poster to show on the info view. Here's my file layout that I've been using:

300 (2006).hddvd.mkv
300 (2006).hddvd.mkv-big.png
300 (2006).hddvd.nfo
300 (2006).hddvd.tbn
300 (2006).hddvd-fanart.jpg

The *-big.png is just a jpg renamed. I even made it a completely different poster image than my regular tbn and it still wouldn't show when I press info. The version of Aeon Stark I'm using is the very latest (I downloaded from github two hours ago).
i am having the same problem, i haven't really messed about with aeon much so far. the -big.png i can't get to work, whereas with the first stark release they were working but seemed to be showing a lack of resolution, i thought maybe that was something to do with my display at 1600x1050, i will find out when i get it downstairs...
There's no need to use -big.png anymore as Aeon now uses the movie.tbn as long as your movies are stored in their own folders.
Hitcher Wrote:There's no need to use -big.png anymore as Aeon now uses the movie.tbn as long as your movies are stored in their own folders.

But who stores every movie in a separate folder, really? ;-P
midgetspy Wrote:But who stores every movie in a separate folder, really? ;-P

LOL Smile I just redid my whole collection. It took me a good while, but it was worth it.
smcnally75 Wrote:LOL Smile I just redid my whole collection. It took me a good while, but it was worth it.

Amen to that. Didn't really take me all that long to complete thanks to a nice little batch file that was floating around to move the move files automatically. Threw MIP into the mix and I was all set.
I'd suggest to use rather then <moviename>.jpg to use just the actual word movie.jpg. I think your problem is with the extension 300 (2006).hddvd.mkv-big.png

it should be 300 (2006).hddvd-big.png or better even better, rename it to movie.tbn
The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -
diemos Wrote:I'd suggest to use rather then <moviename>.jpg to use just the actual word movie.jpg. I think your problem is with the extension 300 (2006).hddvd.mkv-big.png

it should be 300 (2006).hddvd-big.png or better even better, rename it to movie.tbn

When using the -big method the file extension is supposed to be in there. His naming convention was correct.

Not me. Sad

Even if I did get around to moving everything to their own folder, I'm not sure I would want to change the filenames to movie.nfo, movie.tbn, etc. I like the actual name of the jpg's and nfo to be exactly same as the movie name. That way it's easy to find them when doing a search in the Vista start menu.
I would like ot know the answer to this as well. I want to use a lower res thumb and higher res for the big picture.
Why not exactly?
When I tell Alt.Binz where to extract my movies all I have to do is make a new folder and MIP does the rest.
It makes it a lot tidier and a lot easier when deleting movies as I only have to delete the folder.

Movies/Point Of No Return/Point.Of.No.Return.1993.720p.BluRay.x264-CiNEFiLE.mkv
Movies/Point Of No Return/movie.nfo
Movies/Point Of No Return/movie.tbn
Movies/Point Of No Return/fanart.jpg
Movies/Point Of No Return/folder.jpg

jarod71 Wrote:I would like ot know the answer to this as well. I want to use a lower res thumb and higher res for the big picture.
Use separate folders and just get the high res poster and name it movie.tbn.
Hitcher Wrote:Why not exactly?
When I tell Alt.Binz where to extract my movies all I have to do is make a new folder and MIP does the rest.
It makes it a lot tidier and a lot easier when deleting movies as I only have to delete the folder.

Movies/Point Of No Return/Point.Of.No.Return.1993.720p.BluRay.x264-CiNEFiLE.mkv
Movies/Point Of No Return/movie.nfo
Movies/Point Of No Return/movie.tbn
Movies/Point Of No Return/fanart.jpg
Movies/Point Of No Return/folder.jpg

Use separate folders and just get the high res poster and name it movie.tbn.

thanks...
aha!
If i understand that right, i have to place a Highres picture in my movies folder and name it movie.tbn?

looks like that:
Movies/Underworld/Underword.Blueray.1080p.DTS.mkv
Movies/Underworld/Underword.Blueray.1080p.DTS.nfo
Movies/Underworld/Underword.Blueray.1080p.DTS-fanart.jpg
Movies/Underworld/Underword.Blueray.1080p.DTS.tbn <- small preview
Movies/Underworld/movie.tbn <- big for the details

thats right?
Just movie.tbn will do as XBMC will cache it (for use as the small posters) and Aeon will pull it directly for the large poster.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What am I doing wrong? -big.png0