Poster Cropping
not a problem i can live with it it's not that vital.
Could it be a problem with xbmc it self as i am running one of jesters builds and it's a few months old, i think it's time for an update maybe
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Hitcher Wrote:Can you post a screenshot?

The dimensions used are 173x254 (1:1.47) and 244x359 (1:1.47) compared to 729x1080 (1:1.48) so there will be a slight difference in height.

Most of them come from GetVideoArtwork.

Thanks.

Last question. What resolution should I set the poster thumbnails for?
I save all mine as they are from GetVideoArtwork - 1000x1500
sky_sp Wrote:so what and where (file(s)?) do i need to make changes to get aeon to look it's best on my 4:3 crt screen? changing settings didn't do anything for me so far Sad
I will eventually move on to a 16:9 fullhd display, but not just now. that aside aeon still is the best skin (is it fair to just call it a skin? Wink ) by a mile, maybe more
You would have to re-make all the textures in the skin in order for it to look proper on a 4:3 screen. It would be a lot of work.
well when you say all the textures, i think this basically refers to the movieposter_frame and mask things?

actually i have to disagree with you there.

i've opened all the movieposter files from the /thumbs folder in photoshop and they are bang on aspect ratio-wise for the standard sized cover. just for example, this is the file \thumbs\movieposter_frame.png with a 46% scale version of my potc2 cover. (the frame has been inverted in color and layered several times to get it this clear - just for effect). so that isn't the problem. the masks and everything would work well enough with a 4:3 screen or any screen really as they have the same aspect as any regular cover (give or take .5%). as before, click to enlarge...

so i'm thinking there must be some sort of scale setting somewhere in the .xml files that does this dynamic resizing from proper normal ratio to 16:9. i'd like to find out where it is, so i can adjust the files to match 4:3. i reckon after that, i would still need to take care of the crop as described in the first few posts of this thread.
Yes, you would have to change the proper xml files, but as I said, it would be a lot of work. You would have to change the sizes in the xml file for every view you want to see this change in, and you would also probably have to change the positioning as well so they all line up properly. I would look into the Viewtype_Coverflow.xml and Viewtype_Showcase.xml files.
You'll be glad to know this has now been added to Showcase by djh.

http://github.com/djh/aeon/commit/9b90e6...31eea1e488

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Poster Cropping0