[MOD] Modifications of PM3.HD skin XML files for (EEETop) Touchscreen Displays (Mod)
Indiana, if you do not mind, could you please try this uncomplete set of files please.

And before I forget : Settings -> System -> Radiobutton on the left side Wink

Please let me know
Oh YES!!
The big control bar is very nice!
Mouse hidding too!
I just have a display trouble with the 2 volume buttons :
the Vol.+ and VOL. - labels don't size the buttons. There is not enought space for the text.
And it hides the title of the screen : maybe you can try to move it on center bottom of the screen?
One question : do you think it's possible to add this control bar always visible in fullscreen mode? (OSD screen) or , a better idea :
In place of your bigs touch zones in OSD mode : maybe make the original pad always visible AND volume displaying with touch zone on it, always visible too.
What do you think about it?

Anyway : I think you are in the right way.
Wonderful! Thank you.

Question : I know you don't modify all screens, but don't you use library mode?
Why?

I'll have a look on your code when I'll had time, to understand it!
:o)
I tried much more, and finally, the mouse hidding features is not the best way for me, because I rarely use mouse too.
Is it working if you don't hide mouse with touchsetting, but 'manualy' in the standard 'use mouse' setting?
Plus : Where can we found pictures to use with buttons? Because Vol.+ and Vol.- labels don't feet in buttons and aren't really pretty. No?
I just see we can enlarge the scrollbar in includes.xml.
When I pass it from 20 to 30 pixels large : it is more usable with touch.
Try it!
lndiana Wrote:Oh YES!!
The big control bar is very nice!
Mouse hidding too!
Wink

lndiana Wrote:I just have a display trouble with the 2 volume buttons :
the Vol.+ and VOL. - labels don't size the buttons. There is not enought space for the text.
Does not matter as I made two small icons this lunch. I'll try to add designed buttons this evening

lndiana Wrote:And it hides the title of the screen :
Oo Anoying. At least, I did not ask you to try for nothing...
lndiana Wrote:maybe you can try to move it on center bottom of the screen?
I will think about it this evening if I can find some time

lndiana Wrote:One question : do you think it's possible to add this control bar always visible in fullscreen mode? (OSD screen) or , a better idea :
In place of your bigs touch zones in OSD mode : maybe make the original pad always visible AND volume displaying with touch zone on it, always visible too.
What do you think about it?
IMHO, this will not be as beautifull as today (I am talking about the animation)
Maybe it would be possible to hide the control bar and when you touch the screen for the first time, bring it back. I do not know how to do it and, to be fully honest, I like my large touch zones Wink so I do not planne to do it.

But I will probably add some transparent buttons (If I find how to...)

lndiana Wrote:Question : I know you don't modify all screens, but don't you use library mode?
Why?
I do not know the benefits of using it. So I never searched how to used it. So I do not know how to use it... Please explain me the benefits. Maybe I'll be more than pleased

lndiana Wrote:I'll have a look on your code when I'll had time, to understand it!
:o)
Do not miss this thread It will help you.
lndiana Wrote:I tried much more, and finally, the mouse hidding features is not the best way for me, because I rarely use mouse too.
Eek
lndiana Wrote:Is it working if you don't hide mouse with touchsetting, but 'manualy' in the standard 'use mouse' setting?
Eek
lndiana Wrote:I just see we can enlarge the scrollbar in includes.xml.
When I pass it from 20 to 30 pixels large : it is more usable with touch.
Try it!
It will be really appreciated that you copy/paste the changes here... (Which line to change also)
LoloMc² Wrote:Does not matter as I made two small icons this lunch. I'll try to add designed buttons this evening
Nice! Wink

LoloMc² Wrote:IMHO, this will not be as beautifull as today (I am talking about the animation)
Maybe it would be possible to hide the control bar and when you touch the screen for the first time, bring it back. I do not know how to do it and, to be fully honest, I like my large touch zones Wink so I do not planne to do it.
I don't want to hide your control bar, but add it , always visible, to the OSD screen. Instead of your large touch zones.
I like it too, but when you don't know how it works (like my wife! Wink ), it's much better to have buttons always visible.
Especially to not accidently pause the song..
I'll try to add id by myself when I'll have time...
Could you give me the code to include it in a screen?

LoloMc² Wrote:I do not know the benefits of using it. So I never searched how to used it. So I do not know how to use it... Please explain me the benefits. Maybe I'll be more than pleased
For me :
- to use playlist (especially smart playlist!
- to sort by album, artiste or track name.
- to see music by album, with cover art.
- and to use the search feature.
Cool

LoloMc² Wrote:Do not miss this thread It will help you.
Thank you

LoloMc² Wrote:I tried much more, and finally, the mouse hidding features is not the best way for me, because I rarely use mouse too.
Is it working if you don't hide mouse with touchsetting, but 'manualy' in the standard 'use mouse' setting?
It append I use keyboard and touchpad, so if I can see the mouse cursor, it'll be difficult! That's why I prefer when the cursor is always visible. Smile
Maybe you could add an other button in setting screen to choose to hide cursor or not?

LoloMc² Wrote:It will be really appreciated that you copy/paste the changes here... (Which line to change also)
At line 774 in the includes.xml file :
Quote: <include name="AllViewCommonPageControls">
<control type="scrollbar" id="60">
<posx>1255</posx>
<posy>130</posy>
<width>30</width>
Indiana,
Could you try this "just a little less" uncomplete set of files and tell me if, at least, it solves the problem of titles

lndiana Wrote:I don't want to hide your control bar, but add it , always visible, to the OSD screen. Instead of your large touch zones.
I understood it!
lndiana Wrote:I like it too, but when you don't know how it works (like my wife! Wink ), it's much better to have buttons always visible.
You are saying it would be better for WAF !!!Laugh
My new girlfriend seems to be a geekette ! So I do not have the problem...
lndiana Wrote:Especially to not accidently pause the song..
In my last version (not include in the today's test) to pause the sound, it is difficult because the "pause" areas are very small (in the bottom corners)

lndiana Wrote:I'll try to add id by myself when I'll have time...
Could you give me the code to include it in a screen?
Not yet, sorry. What I would like to do (If I can find how to...) is to have a completely transparent button all over the MusicOSD screen (because I do not like the control buttons to stay over animations)
And when you'll click on it (so anywhere on the screen), it will call another screen, very similar to my actual MusicOSD, BUT with larges icones in the middle of the areas.
Do you like this idea ? Is it enough WAF suitable ? Big Grin

lndiana Wrote:For me :
- to use playlist (especially smart playlist!
- to sort by album, artiste or track name.
- to see music by album, with cover art.
- and to use the search feature.
And do you have a place where to read about it because I do not even know how to activate it :o

lndiana Wrote:It append I use keyboard and touchpad, so if I can see the mouse cursor, it'll be difficult! That's why I prefer when the cursor is always visible. Smile
Bon vas-y en français parce que je ne comprends toujours pas ce que tu veux dire No

lndiana Wrote:Maybe you could add an other button in setting screen to choose to hide cursor or not?
You just have to remove line(s) starting with <visible> in pointer.xml file

lndiana Wrote:At line 774 in the includes.xml file :
Done today... Thank you, it is much better (But I moved it from the right to the left of 10 px to be more pretty...)
Indiana,

I had a few minutes this evening and tried to implementing videoOSD function... Please have a try and tell me

Know issue :
Pressing the "Next" button bring you back to the video selection list because it seems (to me) that the " <onclick>XBMC.PlayerControl(Next)</onclick>" does not respond. But I do not understand why!)

If you try this set of files, DO NOT FORGET : Settings -> System -> Left tab "Touchscreen" and activate
I have to say that i was very happy when i tested this, works wonderful om my Eee Top, thanks for taking time to develop this!

What would be even more impressive if this could be applied to all pictures(make it a global "button") because sometimes i browse around in the interface and get stuck when there is no back button Smile

Thanks again, makes XBMC perfect for my Eee Top, keep the updates coming! Wink
Ahh I'm so glad I spotted this thread. I was about to buy Album Player to use as my jukebox interface but then I stumbled onto this thread.

I've just tried your skin modification on a fresh install of XBMC 9.04 but I've run into a little problem. After installing XBMC and then copying the skin mod files from the link in the first post (XBMC_for_EEETop_Rev04-07-2009.7z) into the xbmc dir I dont seem to be able to get a list of sources when I tap on the MUSIC button from the main menu. All I get is the graphite background but no light grey panel where the sources and files/dirs are usually listed.

Have I missed something in the setup?

I should mention that I dont use Library mode and instead prefer to just have a file and folder list of my music.
fl0PPsy Wrote:I've just tried your skin modification on a fresh install of XBMC 9.04 but I've run into a little problem. After installing XBMC and then copying the skin mod files from the link in the first post (XBMC_for_EEETop_Rev04-07-2009.7z) into the xbmc dir I dont seem to be able to get a list of sources when I tap on the MUSIC button from the main menu. All I get is the graphite background but no light grey panel where the sources and files/dirs are usually listed.

Have I missed something in the setup?

I should mention that I dont use Library mode and instead prefer to just have a file and folder list of my music.

@fl0PPsy

Please RE-read the red lines of the first post and especially RE-read the second post

You'll see that XBMC_for_EEETop_Rev04-07-2009.7z was made for XBMC8.10 and especially NOT for 9.04 Big Grin

But if you want a more complete mod (but still in developpement) I suggest you to have a look here
If you try the last one, please GIVE ME FEEDBACK !
freher Wrote:I have to say that i was very happy when i tested this, works wonderful om my Eee Top, thanks for taking time to develop this!

What would be even more impressive if this could be applied to all pictures(make it a global "button") because sometimes i browse around in the interface and get stuck when there is no back button Smile

Thanks again, makes XBMC perfect for my Eee Top, keep the updates coming! Wink
Thank you for your encouragement
I am not really motivated as nobody gives me any feedback. (I am not even talking about accurate feedback Confused)

I assume that you are one of the 20 downloaders of "Modification for PM3.HD_07-06-09-alpha3.rar"... So you know what to do Wink

Tomorrow, I go out for three weeks of holidays so it should give users time to try and give me ACCURATE feedback...
Yeah I just figured out that I had the wrong version and was just about to post that I've got it working now. Thanks for getting back to me.

I'll grab the newer version you linked to there when I get home this eve and I'll give you some feedback on it.

Your motivation up till now is HUGELY!!! appreciated Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Modifications of PM3.HD skin XML files for (EEETop) Touchscreen Displays (Mod)0