Post Bugs here
Since the skin is still in Beta, I know it's only a matter of time before some of the few glaring problems I've overlooked come to light. When that occurs, this is where you should post them.

To help me the most, this is what I'd like to see from an error/bug report:

Operating System - Because it makes a difference.

Rev (build) of XBMC you're using - Are you using atlantis (You shouldn't be), Babylon, or one of the third-party builds? If so...which rev. #?

Section problem is occurring in - Music? Video? Settings? Everywhere?

Screenshot(s) - I am a visual learner. So, press "print screen" in XBMC. Post a link to that picture, and I will visually learn what you're talking about. Wink

Thanks a lot guys.
I've got one. It's the "shutdown menu" bar. It's off-center, looks like some buttons are missing and a couple look non-uniform.

Linux
r19343
Everywhere

Click for full-res image

Another one is the view label in the OSD. I've seen this is movies and TV playback. It's the upper right corner.

BTW, love this skin!
theophile Wrote:I've got one. It's the "shutdown menu" bar. It's off-center, looks like some buttons are missing and a couple look non-uniform.

Linux
r19343
Everywhere

Click for full-res image

Another one is the view label in the OSD. I've seen this is movies and TV playback. It's the upper right corner.

BTW, love this skin!

Aaargh! You got me.

That should look like the menu that appears if you scroll all the way past the end of the settings menu in home...which I never quite got the way I like it.

Duly noted...

As far as that view:poster label...I've gotta hunt for it. I looked a bit last night and couldn't find where I had the code for the little SOB. Def. try to find it today. The missing buttons in the top-left have been fixed and added to the download. Wink
Hi!

1st issue -
No matter how I try, I can't seem to enter the Movies or TV Shows menu options, I press "enter" and nothing happens, can't get to the movies or tv shows sections, neither library nor file mode. Music works fine, though.

2nd issue

Weather info works fine, but when I go into window mode, there's just a black windows with a label for the current weather.

My specs.

O.S. Ubuntu 8.10
XBMC version - 9.04~alpha1svn19419-intrepid1 (latest version from SVN ppa, installed from package, not self-compiled)
Ubuntu 9.10 - XBMC 9.11 Beta
1. - Can you please enable debug logging, try to access these sections, then post that log to pastebin for me please?

2. - This is simply because I've been meaning to remove that section entirely, but was keeping the label entry so that in the future, I could add another panel to the weather that showed detailed current conditions when that label was highlighted.

Or, to simplify...I forgot to remove it. Wink

sinarquia Wrote:Hi!

1st issue -
No matter how I try, I can't seem to enter the Movies or TV Shows menu options, I press "enter" and nothing happens, can't get to the movies or tv shows sections, neither library nor file mode. Music works fine, though.

2nd issue

Weather info works fine, but when I go into window mode, there's just a black windows with a label for the current weather.

My specs.

O.S. Ubuntu 8.10
XBMC version - 9.04~alpha1svn19419-intrepid1 (latest version from SVN ppa, installed from package, not self-compiled)
I've got another one. Still Ubuntu, r19343. This is what I see when in the movie info screen (highlight movie title and press "i"):

I don't have secondary art (-cd1 -cover, etc) so that's not the problem. The media flags appear all the way at the top and the masking seems a little off. I know at least as far as Stark is concerned, they use alpha blending rather than simply displaying the image. This way it doesn't matter whether the source icons are black, white, grey, or whatever. Here, it has a endency to look non uniform, and as you can see in the case of the generic studio icon, it gets swallowed up at the top.
theophile Wrote:I've got another one. Still Ubuntu, r19343. This is what I see when in the movie info screen (highlight movie title and press "i"):

I don't have secondary art (-cd1 -cover, etc) so that's not the problem. The media flags appear all the way at the top and the masking seems a little off. I know at least as far as Stark is concerned, they use alpha blending rather than simply displaying the image. This way it doesn't matter whether the source icons are black, white, grey, or whatever. Here, it has a endency to look non uniform, and as you can see in the case of the generic studio icon, it gets swallowed up at the top.

Yeah dude...that would be a lot smarter than requiring people make white flag icons, eh? And also, the default icon has been changed. When I was working on changing the studio stuff to include the user-made images, I had that there just as a placeholder so I could see it working...then forgot to remove it. You can actually download a new copy from the page and it has the icon changed already. Wink

The fullscreen info panel is another one of those that I haven't finished either. But I'll def do that with the alpha blending...thanks for the suggestion.
Hi!

Thanks for the quick answer. You'll find the debug log here .
sinarquia Wrote:Hi!

Thanks for the quick answer. You'll find the debug log here .

Okay, I must be missing something. What isn't loading? The settings dropdown in movies?
The settings dropdown menu works, but not the options in the menus, or the main option, to make it short, I cannot access my movies or tv shows with Serenity, whereas I can with PM3. Any other info I can provide?
I see why. I never made dialognumeric.xml, which is what you need to enter the passcode for your videos sections. If you don't enter a code, the window doesn't open. That makes sense.

I will make that right now and add it to the download.
Taking a look at the log, I noticed complaints about "wrong master code". I use the master code to limit access to the video sections (got kids). I had to change back to PM3 to disable the master code for video and now it works.

So I guess Serenity is not asking for the master code if there's one, and so fails to enter the video section, or it could be something else, after all, I'm no coder.

Thanks.
sinarquia Wrote:Taking a look at the log, I noticed complaints about "wrong master code". I use the master code to limit access to the video sections (got kids). I had to change back to PM3 to disable the master code for video and now it works.

So I guess Serenity is not asking for the master code if there's one, and so fails to enter the video section, or it could be something else, after all, I'm no coder.

Thanks.

http://www.usaupload.net/d/tx4sg45th86

Here...put this in serenity\720p and all should work. Wink

I'll add this to the main download as well, just figured I'd post here so you don't have to re-dl the whole thing.
Great skin, here are a couple of things I've noticed:

1. If I highlight the settings option on the main menu and hit the Info button, everything just goes black. I know on MS and PM3 that is a quick way to get to the system info, including free memory.

2. I also noticed that on the screen calibration screen after hitting select once the bottom right is set, it moves slightly. Obviously not a big deal though.

This is on Xbox using the 4/4/09 T3CH.
Works great! Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post Bugs here0