Get/post your emulators for the "Launcher" plugin here...
Here's a pack for 100% working emulators for windows. I have personally tested each of these and gotten them to work with no extraneous configuration required.

This contains emulators for NES, SNES, Atari 7800, MAME, and NES 64.

Please note, this does not contain any games...just the programs to emulate them. If you have tested, working emulators for other systems or operating systems, please, help out and post them here.

http://www.iamkizer.net/xbmc/serenity/do...mupack.rar
Any plugin recommendation to use them with?

Thanks by the way Smile
I should have specified that these are all 100% launcher compatible. As far as the internal emu plugins, none should be needed. Big Grin
Yes, I was talking about XBMC plugins...
Ok so still no joy, thx so much for the zip mate but still only working in windowed mode

Mame - windowed mode only

Project 64 - wont run at all on vista32 and only windowed mode on windows 7

lol i think im jinxed!
lestat1977uk Wrote:Ok so still no joy, thx so much for the zip mate but still only working in windowed mode

Mame - windowed mode only

Project 64 - wont run at all on vista32 and only windowed mode on windows 7

lol i think im jinxed!

Try one of the versions here:
http://www.kaillera.com/download.php

I read some chatter that says mame32 or mameplus could work on vista FS.
Thx Digi

Ok so i have tried all the versions and still no luck, has anyone had much success with any emulator in Fullscreen on vista?
It was working for me in full screen with vista32 with an older build. But it kept crashing my EventGhost and, in turn, disabling my joypads. Haven't tried it with any build in the last 3ish months. I will look at it next weekend and report back.

EDIT: Just looked at it next weekend and I am back from the future. Tried the snes9x emulator and it works fine in full screen after setting it to full screen once. I have vista32 and didn't change any settings. Running Rev18627-jester.
rausch101 Wrote:It was working for me in full screen with vista32 with an older build. But it kept crashing my EventGhost and, in turn, disabling my joypads. Haven't tried it with any build in the last 3ish months. I will look at it next weekend and report back.

EDIT: Just looked at it next weekend and I am back from the future. Tried the snes9x emulator and it works fine in full screen after setting it to full screen once. I have vista32 and didn't change any settings. Running Rev18627-jester.

It's gotta be something to do with your video drivers or maybe just the hardware. That's the only explanation I can think of...
digitalhigh Wrote:It's gotta be something to do with your video drivers or maybe just the hardware. That's the only explanation I can think of...

Ah...hopefully you're right. I'll try getting some new drivers and maybe swapping video cards with the other pc. I'll report back. thanks digitalhigh
Really wierd that i still can't get these to work
I've got my SNES, NES and Genesis emulators working fine with the launcher plugin and eventghost.

As for the N64 emulator (Project 4 1.7.0.55), it says "Failed to open Rom" every time I launch a game from within the launcher plugin (using version 1.03). But when I go to launch a game from within the emulator itself, it works fine. I've tried all three of the .exe's from the Project64 install directory (Project4 v1.6, Project64, Project64k).

Is there some argument I need to launch the emulator with, or some plugin I need to use for the video settings within Project64?

Those of you that have the N64 emulator working from the launcher plugin - did you have to change any settings?
rausch101 Wrote:I've got my SNES, NES and Genesis emulators working fine with the launcher plugin and eventghost.

As for the N64 emulator (Project 4 1.7.0.55), it says "Failed to open Rom" every time I launch a game from within the launcher plugin (using version 1.03). But when I go to launch a game from within the emulator itself, it works fine. I've tried all three of the .exe's from the Project64 install directory (Project4 v1.6, Project64, Project64k).

Is there some argument I need to launch the emulator with, or some plugin I need to use for the video settings within Project64?

Those of you that have the N64 emulator working from the launcher plugin - did you have to change any settings?

The only N64 emu that I found works with Launcher's command line is Project64, ver 1.7.0.49. Something about the way it handles the quotation marks around the rom name.

This version was very hard to find for me, as I believe they were charging for it. If you can't locate it, PM me, and I can probably help you find it. Wink
digitalhigh Wrote:The only N64 emu that I found works with Launcher's command line is Project64, ver 1.7.0.49. Something about the way it handles the quotation marks around the rom name.

This version was very hard to find for me, as I believe they were charging for it. If you can't locate it, PM me, and I can probably help you find it. Wink

Thanks so much digitalhigh. Worked like a charm...not sure how you figured that one out, but great job haha.
Has anyone had any luck with mapping gamepad/joystick buttons for save/load/reset/FFW/rewind with all of these emluators?

Some of the emulators don't have built-in hotkey support for the save/load/reset/FFW/rewind. I've tried using EventGhost to just use keyboard emulation when a joystick button is pressed. It works at first, but it inevitably crashes my EventGhost after around 10-30 presses.

Anyone have this problem and/or solution? Anyone have a different approach? Maybe with a different program?

Note: I am currently using an XBOX1 gamepad connected through USB with the XBCD drivers if that's of any relevancy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Get/post your emulators for the "Launcher" plugin here...0