Some problems with resolution, brightness and VDPAU...
harryzimm Wrote:Looks like that could be the problem. By the way when you change to a lower resolution and xbmc appears only in the top left of the screen. Go into settings appearance, screen, video calibration and configure it properly. Again this might not work when giong through your reciever.

Okay, so the screen not actually changing resolution when selected in XBMC is normal? I think the Windows build changed the actual resolution, but of that I'm not entirely sure...
try with this xorg.conf:

http://217.20.138.65/xbmc/xorg.conf.modelines

Backup your old first:

Code:
sudo cp /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.backup

Then to download the above one and overwrite the old:

Code:
sudo wget [url]http://217.20.138.65/xbmc/xorg.conf.modelines[/url] -O /etc/X11/xorg.conf
olympia Wrote:try with this xorg.conf

Well, it did something, that's for sure!
After copying the conf and restarting X, it defaulted at 1920x1080@24Hz which made the TV output 1080p! Problem was, the interface itself didn't run anywhere near perfectly: all animations were choppy and lines/seperation between moving images would appear. Apart from that, the picture seemed to fit the screen.

I changed the res to 1920x1080@50Hz - still 1080p according to the TV and everything was running smoothly, but the picture itself was way off centre like when changing to a lower res - weird thing is I didn't this time, only the frequency was changed!
No matter, that could be fixed through XBMC, but before doing that, I rebooted the machine just to check things would stay the same afterwards... it didn't; I'm back at 1080i.

Olympia, would you mind explaining what the modelines actually did and how/why XBMC is affected by it? If the other resolutions XBMC are capable of running were defined in the xorg.conf I'd get it, but they aren't :p
This is probably asking "what is X", so I'll understand if you mind Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some problems with resolution, brightness and VDPAU...0