Mouse pointer not visible, plz help
I'm using the latest build of xbmc and Aeon Stark 0.91. I run xbmc on vista. The mouse pointer isnt visible in Aeon.. It makes things very difficult when I need to right click on something. Is there a fix I can do or should I just wait for an updated release of Aeon? If so, any idea when there will be an updated release posted on the aeonproject.com site? I heard something about today the 15. The media flags arent working either.. My main concern is with the mouse pointer as I use the mouse a lot in xbmc.
Well Aeon doesn't support mouse pointers coz it's made for remote controls (and keyboards).
Where do you need to right-click something? I never felt the desire/need to do that. All the context-menu can be opened by pressing the "C" key on your keyboard.

What did you try to get the Media Flags working? Did you use the MIP tool to write the appropriate information in your NFOs?
Umm.. yes it does support a mouse. I can move it around and menus react when it is over what I need to interact with. There are many times when I need to right click something. Does it matter? Here's an example anyway.. When I'm adding something to the library I need to right click it. When I am populating the movies section via the videos section. I need to right click a directory to "set content" or "scan for new movies". Sometimes I like to use the mouse instead of the arrow keys.. I use xbmc on my laptop. I mean really.. how do you never need to right click something? Its a major part of using Aeon or any skin for that matter. Thats why there is the "enable mouse" in the settings.

As for the media flags, I will have to take a look at the MIP tool you speak of. Thx for that. I use Media Companion all the time.. From what I've read it should add the appropriate stuff in the nfo's for the mediaflags to work. Correct?
In all these cases you just described I just hit the "C" key. No need for a mouse which is very useful if you wanna use XBMC with a remote only.

I know that it reacts to the mouse when you move it over menus but Aeon isn't supposed to be used like that. I think this "reactions" you see to mouse movement can't be completely removed by skins but you can hide the mouse pointer to "force" the user not to use it.
I don't know why Aeon doesn't support a mouse coz I didn't develop it. That's just what I read in other posts.
Drizz Wrote:Umm.. yes it does support a mouse. ....
I use xbmc on my laptop. I mean really.. how do you never need to right click something? Its a major part of using Aeon or any skin for that matter.

No it doesn't support a mouse. It has been stated before Aeon is not designed to be used with a mouse. The explanation you received was correct. And as was also stated you can use the C key.

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php...ight=mouse
You press C instead?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ok... I'm not sure I understand all this animosity from djh and a lot of others about mouse usage. So some people want to use a mouse... Big deal. Lot of anger issues on these forums. Huh I'm kinda scared to even ask a question about something after reading all the hostile responses around here.
Drizz Wrote:Ok... I'm not sure I understand all this animosity from djh and a lot of others about mouse usage. So some people want to use a mouse... Big deal. Lot of anger issues on these forums. Huh I'm kinda scared to even ask a question about something after reading all the hostile responses around here.

Nobody gave you any attitude until you gave attitude in your second response. HTPCs are meant to be controlled with a remote and/or keyboard, not a mouse. The whole point is to control it from your couch while watching it on your TV. There's nothing wrong with running it on a laptop, but learn to use it the right way. The media flags do work, you just need to set them up properly and have the updated release of Aeon.
The reason you're getting attitude is because you've asked a question and been given the answer several times, yet refuse to accept it. Aeon isn't designed for mouse control. Your mouse 'works' in it because XBMC supports it, but that doesn't mean its skins have to.

Your options:

- buy a remote and use Aeon as it's supposed to be used
- use a keyboard and at least pretend to use Aeon as it's supposed to be used
- don't use Aeon

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mouse pointer not visible, plz help0