Full Screen not working always
I am running svn19419 under Hardy and I got this annoying problem, about 9 out or 10 times XBMC starts in a window. Of course it is configured as full screen. I do not change anything, just close XBMC and run it again, and again, until finally it starts in full screen.

I had the same problem with a previous version and that's the reason why I upgraded to the one I am using now, but still no luck.
What about the debug log file? Anything suspicious in there? did you try the --fs switch?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
The -fs option does not make any difference. Here it is the logfile:

http://www.pastebin.ca/1393242
Sorry, that pastebin site seems dead atm. I'll wait or maybe you just resubmit it to pastebin.com f.e.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
It's up.
I had a similar situation happen to me last night when the Updater application stole the focus. It moved my full screen XBMC to windowed. There might be something that's stealing focus like what was happening on my system. I'm using xfce4 on Jaunty Ubuntu.
Problem fixed!!! It was because of the Compiz effects, I reinstalled the OS a couple of weeks ago and did not realize the effects were activated by default.

Thanks to Maxim for hinting me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Full Screen not working always0