Why is xbmc not included in the repos?
Sorry if this has been covered before but, why is xbmc not included in the ubuntu repos by default?
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Why do people keep posting non-Aeon related threads here?
moved. PLEASE pay attention to where you post, we don't have a gazillion forums for no reason.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
sorry I meant to stick that in the linux forum. Honest mistake.
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
You might want to ask on the ubuntu forums. Maybe they just don't know about it?
Oh we know about it. But we don't control what's in the repos. :p
You would be best to suggest it for packaging on Lunchpad.
will do
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
WHAT!!! Everyone and their grandma knows about XBMC. To be honest, it's a bit bulky on linux. I'm install on my new PC I built, I was surprised that the install said it would require 260MB of space. My eyes almost popped out of my skull.

Plz TEAM XBMC, can't you guys trim some fat somewhere>Nod Take 28m to download on my comcase 1Mbit connection.
reading must be magical or something, it's how i find all da anwsers!
------
Ubuntu 8.10 (64bit) | AMD Sempron 2600+ | ATi 2400HD Pro | Asus AE1 Barebone ---- Ubuntu 9.04RC (64bit) | AMD 5000+ | BIOSTAR TA790GX XE w/ ATi 3300
Erm you didn't really specify WHERE you're installing from, but a full install from sources is only 178MB. That's with debug binaries which are 5-10x the size of release. Skins are 40MB for the 2 defaults. The only place we can really cut back is using system libs instead of including our own, which is non-trivial due to them needing wrapped for our VFS to work. Long story short, disk and bandwidth are cheap, deal with it Wink
althekiller Wrote:Erm you didn't really specify WHERE you're installing from, but a full install from sources is only 178MB. That's with debug binaries which are 5-10x the size of release. Skins are 40MB for the 2 defaults. The only place we can really cut back is using system libs instead of including our own, which is non-trivial due to them needing wrapped for our VFS to work. Long story short, disk and bandwidth are cheap, deal with it Wink

Despite my arch package is only ~55MB w/o debug symbols (and ~80MB with), please DON'T switch to system libs - the last time that was done with libcdio xbmc segfaulted immediately. Smile

Other than that i somehow cannot understand Ubunto not packaging xbmc - even Arch got it's package now in the community repos.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why is xbmc not included in the repos?0