Newbie help setting up XBMC on ATV 2.3.1?
I just wondered if there's a beginners guide for newbies on setting up XBMC on the ATV 2.3.1?

I just installed XBMC using atvusb-creator and can't make any sense of the 'Settings' options. I've searched the web and the XBMC.org site and can't find ATV specific info on setting up access to files on remote machines.

I've an iMac and Mac Pro on my network, my iMac has an external Firewire drive which holds my EyeTV library (which I'd love to play without having to transcode). I also have a cheapo NAS and wondered if that could be used with the ATV now too.

Anyway, for starters I'd just like to be able to access video files on my Macs, particularly those which don't normally play on the vanilla ATV.

On a slightly different issue, if I install Couch Surfer will I be able to use the iPhone Apple Remote app to input text on the iPhone keyboard?

Thanks.
Just did this myself... here is what I did and it worked fine:
1. run atvusb creator
2. select "atv patchstick"
3. apple tv version 2.x
4. below above, select xbmx/boxee for mac
5. select your target
Your done! Let the image download and enjoy.
This worked fine for me.
Thanks stormrider_67, but my problem is not relating to the patchstick. As I said I've installed that fine on my ATV.

I just can't find detailed help on setting up XBMC for various network sources and filetypes.
pipkato Wrote:Thanks stormrider_67, but my problem is not relating to the patchstick. As I said I've installed that fine on my ATV.

I just can't find detailed help on setting up XBMC for various network sources and filetypes.

the wiki is all powerful.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Adding_Media_Sources

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie help setting up XBMC on ATV 2.3.1?0