Mediastream - Enter key handling
Question 
Hello,
I am developing a skin based on MediaStream (basically Mediastream 0.2 with a few small modifications). I'm working on the Linux version of xbmc (if it matters).

One of the things I need to change is the way the ENTER key is handled in the skin when inside the main menu.

Right now, when you are over any main menu item, pressing the RIGHT cursor key will open a sub-menu. Instead, pressing the ENTER key will go straight to one of the main views for that menu item.

I can not find where in the skin files the behaviour connected to the ENTER key is defined, so that I can go and change it.

Is there anyone who can help me with this ?
Thank you.
it's not handled by the skin. keymapping is done in Keymap.xml, you can find the file in the xbmc system directory.
Its the <onclick> bits
Jezz_X Wrote:Its the <onclick> bits

Yes, that is true for almost every item in the skin.

But the main menu items in the mediastream skin are somehow special. They behave in different ways if you press ENTER or RIGHT over them.

However there can be just one <onclick> item for each of these items, so I don't understand where does the different behavior come from.
Yeah I'm right if you open up home.xml in the 720p dir you will see at line 1322 is where the main home menu starts. Now at line 1364 is where all the <onclick> stuff is set up
Now as for the <onright> stuff if you look at line 1332 it says on right go to control 301
and above the current stuff at line 290 is group 301 with a bunch of other menus in it that are visible depending on what main menu item has focus
Jezz_X Wrote:Yeah I'm right if you open up home.xml in the 720p dir you will see at line 1322 is where the main home menu starts. Now at line 1364 is where all the <onclick> stuff is set up
Now as for the <onright> stuff if you look at line 1332 it says on right go to control 301
and above the current stuff at line 290 is group 301 with a bunch of other menus in it that are visible depending on what main menu item has focus

Thanks Jezz_X.
You are right. It worked perfectly when I changed the onclick bits.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mediastream - Enter key handling0