Few problems with my harmony remote
So I have XBMC set up pretty well and my remote controls it well, however I am having pa few problems.

I have my remote mappes in EG so that when I press up, it does a big skip forward, but also for it to go up.

this works fine, except when I bring up the OSD, so when I press up with the OSD open, I can move up, but it also does a big skip forward.

How can I set up EG, so that I have my remote do a big skip forward/back, and small skip forward/back, without messing up when I want to still use the OSD when watching a video?

I also have realized that when I open up a box to type something in, like say the name of a network share or something of the like, I cannot move the cursor at all using the remote. I have the remote set to emulate the keyboard for up/down/left/right and I cannot get out of the screen, so I have to re-start xbmc to get out of it.

Any ideas?

Thanks
You could map the up/down keys to keyboard keystrokes and config the keymap.xml then. then you have to edit the keymap.xml to suit your needs. anyway i would use different keys for those actions. for a lot of harmony remotes ch up/down keys are a good option for page up/down in my opinion.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
thanks for the response. The page up page down isn't what I am having a problem with. I have that mapped to different buttons on my remote.

i liked when I was using the old xbox when I could use the d-pad to skip forward and back while viewing a movie, by either using the up/down or left/right combination.

I had just assumed that if I had mapped the keyboard up/down and left/right to the remote, it would behave just like when I use my keyboard, which doesn't have these problems (causing the video to skip around when navigating the OSD as well as being able to move the cursor when trying to type in a network address or username and password)
Is Eventghost configured in the right way? Does it really only emulate the keystroke? Look in the event log of Eventghost. If it does, the problem should be in the keymap.xml.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
you must map the buttons yourself - works fine for me... go download the latest plug-in posted on the EG forum and try that.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Having EG send Keyboard keypress to XBMC when you press a key on your remote is not the right way to control XBMC.

Have a look at the EG forum, read the post about the XBMC plugin, In this thread, I have posted an updated XBMC plugin that send true remote keys to xbmc along with a config file. In this same thread, jonib posted an even powerfull XBMC plugin that is able to send to XBMC all the command that it is able to understand. If you with to control XBMC with a remote, you MUST send to XBMC remote keys.
Read about Keymap.xml in the XBMC wiki if you wish to understand why.
thanks for the replys.

When I installed EG, I made sure I grabbed the latest one (which the XBMC plugin was bundled with), so unless an updated plugin was released in the last month, I don't think that is the problem, but I will update anyway.

I also think that some of you are mistaking me for having JUST installed EG and this isn't working right.

I installed EG over a month ago and have mapped all my keys one by one. I set it up purposley so that my up/down and left/right keys function as both the movement up/down left/right as well as big skip forward/back and skip forward/back.

My question is how do I get it so that when I am in the OSD, only the directional commands are recognized, and when I am not in the OSD only the skip commands are recognized. As I said, I don't have this problem when I use my keyboard.

I also mapped the directional keys using the keyboard emulation, because if I didn't, there would be no navigation sounds, which when I last checked about 2 weeks ago, there was no solution.

I will try un-mapping the skip functions from my arrow keys and see if I can still have the video skip, perhaps that is the problem.

I also am still not sure why I can't navigate within the virtual keyboard in XBMC...I will try re-mapping the keys using the XBMC up/down left/right instead of the keyboard emulation. If I do decide to go with that, how can I get the navigation sounds back?
You're probably too invested in EG to go this route now, but I just wanted to mention that I use IR Server Suite, and using the Windows MCE remote (in my Harmony 880) all the stuff that you're talking about works out of the box. No configuration whatsoever. The only customization I've done so far is to create a macro (in IR Server Suite) to launch XBMC when the Start button is pressed. This way my XBMC "Activity" in my Harmony remote will launch the program.
This issue has just bitten me when I moved to Babylon Alpha. I swear it didn't happen in the Atlantis release, I'm sure it's a context issue.

I posted in the EventGhost thread as well.

I'm sure it's a bug, and might post a bug trac (once I work out how do so).

B
2 x ATV2 with XBMC
1 x Win Vista with XBMC
XBMP/XBMC user since 2002!
I just checked and it's in Atlantis as well. Its a function of the way eventghost and the event server interact. You need to reassign these keys I'm afraid.

It's because the event server unlike keymap.xml is not context aware and simply does actions (1, 2 or more at the same time) regardless of the context.

B
2 x ATV2 with XBMC
1 x Win Vista with XBMC
The new plugin at the eventghost forums looks like it might be the go since it solves the skip problem as well, and might reduce some of the delays.

http://www.eventghost.org/forum/view...=1005&start=90

See the 2nd last post by miljbee.

I'm going to try it tonight.

Byron
2 x ATV2 with XBMC
1 x Win Vista with XBMC
byronl
your link does not work.

are you talking about the plugin jonib wrote and posted a few days ago?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:byronl
your link does not work.

are you talking about the plugin jonib wrote and posted a few days ago?

Damn, I'm talking about miljbee's plugin. Not sure what the difference between the two is though.

Just liked the look of miljbees. Will try both if need be. All I want is smooth scrolling and my skip buttons.

B
2 x ATV2 with XBMC
1 x Win Vista with XBMC
byronl Wrote:Damn, I'm talking about miljbee's plugin. Not sure what the difference between the two is though.

Just liked the look of miljbees. Will try both if need be. All I want is smooth scrolling and my skip buttons.

B

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you use the left or right directional buttons for skipping, instead of the skip button? Does that not skip for you, or does it skip too far?

The only reason I ask is, I use the Skip and Previous buttons on my MCE Remote for playing the next or previous mp3 or video, and use the left and right directional buttons and Fast Forward and Rewind for actually searching through a video...
OpenElec / Silverstone LC17 / 6TB / Toshiba 32WLT68

Get your freshly squeezed recipes, news and views at foodforfriendsyeah.co.uk!
bramblepants Wrote:Just out of curiosity, what happens if you use the left or right directional buttons for skipping, instead of the skip button? Does that not skip for you, or does it skip too far?

The only reason I ask is, I use the Skip and Previous buttons on my MCE Remote for playing the next or previous mp3 or video, and use the left and right directional buttons and Fast Forward and Rewind for actually searching through a video...

The left/right direction buttons do small skip back/forward as intended but since I also have those buttons mapped as left/right if you pull up the OSD whilst playing a video it moves within the OSD AND skips back/forward as well.

The new eventghost plugins that go via keymap.xml should be context aware so that once the OSD is up it will not also do skips. This is how the XBOX remote works by default.

I had a brief look at miljbees one and it maps the MCE remote very well. Need to see if I can add some extra functions to it, but first I'll have a look at the other plugin mod.

B
2 x ATV2 with XBMC
1 x Win Vista with XBMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Few problems with my harmony remote0