Few problems with my harmony remote
I am still having the problem as the guy above, where I re-mapped the up/down/left/right to the native xbmc function within EG and while I can now do skip forward and back I still cannot navigate the OSD since when I move up/down/left/right it skips the video I am playing around...any advice would be great.

Thanks
feerlessleadr Wrote:I am still having the problem as the guy above, where I re-mapped the up/down/left/right to the native xbmc function within EG and while I can now do skip forward and back I still cannot navigate the OSD since when I move up/down/left/right it skips the video I am playing around...any advice would be great.

Thanks

Have a look at the eventghost forum, there are 2 new plugin/hacks to eventghost that send keys via keymap.xml instead of directly to eventserver. These will solve the problem. I'll be testing those solutions this week.

I use some universal remotes that have a press hold function so I just set a press hold of one second for the direction keys and sends a different command to avoid the clash. Its not elegant though.

B
2 x ATV2 with XBMC
1 x Win Vista with XBMC
XBMP/XBMC user since 2002!
Ok Guyz, I think that all your problems are due to the fact that you haven't understood how xbmc process input commands it receives from eventghost.

So first, please read the xbmc wiki about the eventserver and the keymap.xml :
XBMC Event Server : http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=EventServer
Keymap.xml : http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Keymap.xml

If there is something in these 2 pages that you don't understand, please ask, I will do my best to explain clearly.

Second, I have modded the original XBMC Plugin for eg to enable it to send "remote control" keypress to XBMC. The goal was to be as close as possible from the xbox (with the dvd kit -which include a remote control- it was working out of the box). So if you happen to have a MS MCE remote or receiver, download my plugin along with the xml conf file. Put these 2 files in eg, load the conf file, it should work without any problem. With this package, you do not need to worry about what happens when you press left/right/up/down. The behaviour of these keys are context sensitive, and all of this is defined in the keymap.xml. The default keymap.xml bundled with any xbmc distro should be perfect for 99% of you.

So what are the differences between my eg plugin and the original one ?
- Both of them are nothing more than basic event clients (refer to the event server page on the xbmc wiki).
- The original one sends Commands to the XBMC EventServer, for exemple BigStepForward (or something like this, I can't remember). Obviously, it will only work when you will be playing something, and you will want to map it to the up arrow. But doing this won't enable you to scroll up in list, because BigStepForward means nothing when you are in a list, so you will want to map Up to the upArrow key to get this working. It means that eg will then send two Commands to XBMC when you press the up arrow key.
- My plugin sends to the "XBMC event server" remote control keypress that are defined in the keymap.xml. Thus, when the XBMC event server receive the upArrow key, it looks what you are currently doing, Let's say you are playing a fullscreen video, it will look in the keymap.xml what to do when it receives an up key from a remote while playing in fullscreen, and it will find that it must issue a big step forward.

That's it, you are now able to get context sensitive commands in XBMC from events received by eg.

If you read the wiki page about the event server, now you know that it can receive a lot of event types (commands, remote control, keyboard, joysticks, ...). In some case, if you want to fine tune the way you control XBMC, these types of commands might be usefull. That's why jonib wrote a more complete XBMC plugin for eg. His plugin is able to send to the XBMC eventServer all the commands that it can understand. It might be usefull if you want to assign a key on your remote that will bring the shutdown menu (just an exemple).

Sorry for my bad english, I am french !

If there are still some things you don't understand, feel free to ask, but please, stop thinking that you can map "remote control buttons" to keyboard keys ...Laugh

jonib's XBMC plugin for eg : http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopi...7971#p7971
miljbee's XBMC plugin for eg with conf file for ms mce : http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopi...7818#p7818

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Few problems with my harmony remote0