How do I configure the movie Library?
I have been using Media Portal, but recently noticed the XBMC and thought it a much simpler and nicer looking app.

Only problem is, I am finding it very unintuitive.

In Media Portal, I simply configured it to look at a certain folder containing my movies, and then ran the script to find the titles, art and synopsis from IMDB - but I have no idea how to do this in XBMC.

The best option I seem to have is to manually add the movies to the library one by one, and then manually search for movie info one by one - which is also failing to find any matching titles for movies I can find easily on IMDB. I cannot make sense of the on-line manual for this.

Has anybody been through similar troubles?

Thanks in advance..
1. Go to your movies folder (outside the folder).

2. Press C.

3. Set Content.

I think you'll figure it out from there - let us know if there's any problems.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Read the manual!!!!!

Go to a folder and hit the c button in file mode. Then set the content and scan. This will scan the movies into the library. Thats pretty brief I know. Read the online manual for more details.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Video_Library
Ahh thanks guys, I had completely misunderstood the "Set Content" function, that makes a lot more sense now. Sorry for asking a silly question..!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I configure the movie Library?0