File structure for XBMC with mulitple ISO files for one movie?
I have been trying to figure this one out....

Since I use ISO files for by standard DVD and Blu-ray, if I have a set, say the extended version of Lord of the Rings, which is, say 4 discs (2 with the movie and 2 with bonus features). When you pull this up in XBMC, course in file mode you will see all 4 ISO files which I guess you can label, movie part 1, movie part 2, bonus 1, etc.

But my question is, when you put these in the library to view under the Movie menu, how do you get only ONE poster to show up instead of 4 postersHuh I know the poster is being associated with each file, but I want to only see 1 poster even if the movie contains several discs/files.

Please help!
Thanks
I don't believe you can stack ISO files. I in the same boat with you for my LOTR DVDs Sad. I'm thinking of converting them to AVIs instead since they can be stacked.
my2sense Wrote:I don't believe you can stack ISO files. I in the same boat with you for my LOTR DVDs Sad. I'm thinking of converting them to AVIs instead since they can be stacked.

There has got to be a way. When Im under the Video menu with the "wall" layout, I can see one instance of each movie. And if I select it and it has multiple files, it can just view them in the file layout or any other layout I select.
Why are you not able to do this under the Movie menuHuh Doesnt make any sense!
stacking is the key

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Stacking
You cant stack iso files.
dvd iso files contains menus etc. You can't stack them and I doubt anyone will write the code to do so.
o_dog Wrote:dvd iso files contains menus etc. You can't stack them and I doubt anyone will write the code to do so.

Thanks, but again....when you have the view set to "wall" under the Video menu, it only shows the poster for that movie. If there are several ISO files associated with that "poster" then, it goes to the next screen to show you the files.

You san you cant "stack" ISO files. But, why are they "stacked" under the Video menu but not the Movie menu then?? Its fine with me if the Movie menu works just like the Video one.....dont know why it shouldnt/wouldnt.

If you want to see what I mean, take a movie that has multiple discs (like the extended version of Lord of the Rings) and make an ISO image of each disk. Ad them to XBMC and under the Video menu you will see one file. Select it and it will drill down to the actual files. It does not do that under Movie menu. Does this have anything to do with everything under the Movie menu being in the "library" for some reasonHuh?

Thanks for any further info anyone can provide. Sorry if Im rambling but it just doesnt make any sense to me.
I'm not at home so I can't test this right now but are you using File mode under Video and Library mode under Movies?
my2sense Wrote:I'm not at home so I can't test this right now but are you using File mode under Video and Library mode under Movies?

Yes I am. Please let me know what you do and if you get it to work.

Thanks again
jondr13 Wrote:Thanks, but again....when you have the view set to "wall" under the Video menu, it only shows the poster for that movie. If there are several ISO files associated with that "poster" then, it goes to the next screen to show you the files.

You san you cant "stack" ISO files. But, why are they "stacked" under the Video menu but not the Movie menu then?? Its fine with me if the Movie menu works just like the Video one.....dont know why it shouldnt/wouldnt.

This is just because you have all of those ISO files in a folder and you are clicking on said folder under videos. Library mode for movies does not use folders and I doubt there are plans to make it like that.
mitul103 Wrote:This is just because you have all of those ISO files in a folder and you are clicking on said folder under videos. Library mode for movies does not use folders and I doubt there are plans to make it like that.

Is there a way to allow the Movie section to not be in a "library mode"....basically to make it more like the Video section?
This still does not work right?
Can't stack iso files.
I'm using version 23973, and I definitely can stack / unstack iso files - anyone know when this was changed?

Mike

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File structure for XBMC with mulitple ISO files for one movie?0