Multiple library entries when using NFO files
I've just added a series of TV recordings to my library and because I don't have enough information about the season and episodes of these recordings, I've created individual nfo files for them.

The problem I am having is that when I use the library mode, I get three entries (all the same) for each episode, despite the fact I only have one movie file and one nfo for each episode (as per the guide).

Using Babylon Alpha1...

What am I doing wrong??

Shane
Please post a dump of your directory structure and a sample nfo file.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yeah, sorry about that, my media drive went down as I was posting and I got a little side tracked...

The root path is (the source):

//MediaCenter/TVRecordings

The video path is:

Air Crash Investigations/

The video file is:

Air Crash Investigations/2009-04-12-Air Crash Investigations.m4v
Air Crash Investigations/2009-04-12-Air Crash Investigations.nfo
Air Crash Investigations/tvshow.nfo

The "2009-04-12-Air Crash Investigations.nfo" contents is:
Code:
<episodedetails><title>Missed Approach (Korean Air Flight 801)</title><season>2009</season><episode>0412</episode></episodedetails>

The "tvshow.nfo" contents is:
Code:
<tvshow><title>Air Crash Investigations</title></tvshow>

I don't know if this will make any difference, but I just noticed (copying the contents of the folder from my mini mac to my pc) that there a series of ".xxx" files as well...but this would only account for duplicates and triplicates.

Shane
First thing I would try is to have valid XBMC season and episode numbers:
http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/?title=Import_-_Export_Library

According to this they are on season 7
http://www.natgeochannel.co.uk/programme...pisode3674
I'll leave it to you to find the episode number.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Okay, while I see the benifit of testing these values, should it really make a difference?

While I don't know the code, the nfo files simply provide information that can't be found via the scappers, don't get me wrong, as soon as I get my media drive back on line, I'll be testing it...

The nfo files are auto generated by a script I'm using to encode the recordings for use on the ATV and as thus don't really have a lot of info to go on, hence the use of the dates for season and episode values.

I'll see what I can come up with...

Keep the ideas coming!

Shane
Further more, I will look at renaming the files such that they use the general file naming format (SxxExx name) and see if that helps...

Shane
Okay, after some playing around, I *think* I know what's going on.

I renamed all the files to follow the pattern "SxxExx title" format and also removed all the "._*" files that the mac was adding to the folders and that seems to have fixed the problem.

My general feeling (although it needs to be checked) is that the extra "._*" files were also been picked up and parsed as separate entries.

The files are stored a NTFS NAS drive which I access through both a Vista and Mac (as well as the ATV).

Thinks for the ideas!!

Shane

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple library entries when using NFO files0