Help with HD WMV file.
Hey guys,
I just got an Apple TV and have XBMC running on it. everything works great for the most part, except I tried running this one HD file.. its an 8GB wmv file 720p 5.1 ... xbmc will play the file, however it runs at 2x speed. I have tried all options and settings, no matter what, it only runs at 2x speed. Do you guys have any idea what can be wrong?

Thanks.
svolach Wrote:Hey guys,
I just got an Apple TV and have XBMC running on it. everything works great for the most part, except I tried running this one HD file.. its an 8GB wmv file 720p 5.1 ... xbmc will play the file, however it runs at 2x speed. I have tried all options and settings, no matter what, it only runs at 2x speed. Do you guys have any idea what can be wrong?

Thanks.

yes, but without knowing the version (atv os, launcher, xbmc) you are using, I would only be guessing and I stopped guessing a long time ago Smile
Launcher 3.0: XBMC Babylon Alpha 1 (the one downloaded from launcher) and ATV OS: 2.3.1

Sorry for the late reply. I appreciate any help. Thanks.
I think c support was fixed after 9.04-alpha1.

you can check here http://xbmc.org/timeline

use MediaInfo to get the details on this file and post the results
Whats c support?
svolach Wrote:Whats c support?

opps, typo. should be "wmv"
Here are the details from MediaInfo... file works fine in WMP btw.

eneral
Complete name : iguana-60sec.720p.5.1.wmv
Format : Windows Media
File size : 7.78 GiB
Duration : 1h 57mn
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 9 446 Kbps
Maximum Overall bit rate : 20.9 Mbps
Encoded date : UTC 2007-10-02 21:49:23.460

Video
ID : 2
Format : VC-1
Format profile : AP@L3
Codec ID : WVC1
Codec ID/Hint : Microsoft
Description of the codec : Windows Media Video 9 Advanced Profile
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 8 632 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Resolution : 24 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.391
Stream size : 7.10 GiB (91%)
Language : en-us

Audio
ID : 1
Format : WMA3
Format profile : M2
Codec ID : 162
Codec ID/Info : Windows Media Audio 3
Description of the codec : Windows Media Audio 10 Professional - 768 kbps, 48 kHz, 5.1 channel 24 bit 1-pass CBR
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 768 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Resolution : 24 bits
Stream size : 648 MiB (8%)
Language : en-us

Thanks in advance. Smile
The spec sheet for the Apple TV should tell you that's too heavy of a file to play.

http://www.apple.com/appletv/specs.html

The max stated bitrate is 5Mbps (and that's using the H.264 format and using the Apple TV GUI to help with video processing), and you're trying to cram a file with 9.4 Mbps and a top end of 20.9Mbps through. I'd say it just ain't gonna happen.
Hmm.. I get all that, but it still plays the file, pretty good too, just at 2x speed, it doesn't even seem choppy.
Well nobody said it wouldn't play the file 'at all'. The stated specs are for files you want to play correctly.
wma files with WMA3 5.1 audio plays fast because portaudio is not capable of downmixing 5.1 to 2 channel audio.

You might try the osx-coreaudio branch. These videos will play there since it uses coreaudio which is capable of doing the downmix.

iguana-xxxxx files seem to have 5.1 WMA3 5.1 audio.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with HD WMV file.0