Number of albums by an artist
Hi, is it possible to get the number of albums by an artist to show when on the artist level? Something similar to tv shows where the number of episodes is returned.
Nope - it's not available to the UI.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

+1 for this feature Smile
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I fail to see how this is of any real use. If you really want to know how many albums you have from the artist, click on it.

The tvshow is useful as it can show how many _unwatched_ episodes are available. There is no such equivalent in music.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

There are many features of xbmc that an average user CAN live WITHOUT. However, for power users, this could be a plus. Browsing a massive artist library you can see some statistics about the artist on artist level (no. of albums, in this case) instead of going on album level and start counting the albums (If you use a showcase view, and not a simple list, you really have to count the cd covers Smile )
I also understand your point of view, tryin' to keep xbmc simple and self-explanatory in every aspect (music/video files/addons). I'm also amazed how much xbmc got 'under the hood', I'm learning something new every day.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Number of albums by an artist0