Movie library duplicates
I've tried searching for this in the wiki and in the forums with limited success. Nothing really was right on the money.

I have used the normal video file view with thumbs since I installed XBMC, and it has worked nicely. Now though when I switched to Aeon I'm tempted (or almost forced if I want to use the skin as intended) to use the movie library mode. This gives me a problem...

Almost all my movies have their own folders which include the movie itself and a sample video. The problem is that the sample shows up in the movie library, thus making it look like I have duplicates of everything.

Can I exclude all files matching *sample* somehow? or can I force the movie library to only use one match per folder (but which match :confused2Smile?

And I would not like to use some external application to fix these things, as the whole point with XBMC for me is that it's all integrated, plugins are fine though I guess...

In the mean time, thanks for a great application and keep up the good work! Smile
Samples should be excluded. There is a chance you have a naming that it isnt matching.

This can be tweaked. Please post a sample file name.
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
Thumbs Up 
They are excluded in file mode, but not in library mode.

EDIT: oops, that example I gave you was incorrect, this is a better example (where bold files will show up as thumbs in the video library):

F:\test\Das.Boot\Das.Boot-sample.mkv
F:\test\Das.Boot\Das.Boot.mkv
F:\test\The.Punisher\SAMPLE-The.Punisher.mkv Sad
F:\test\The.Punisher\The.Punisher.mkv
F:\test\Scream\Scream.sample.mkv
F:\test\Scream\Scream.mkv

As you can see most samples are actually excluded by default. The problem only occurs when the filename begins with "sample".

I took another look at the exclusion regex and realized that it requires at least one special char before the word "sample".

Luckily this is easily fixed by modifying the regex a bit and adding it to the advancedsettings.xml, like this:
Code:
<video>
  <excludefromscan>
    <regexp>(^|[-\._ ])(sample|trailer)[-\._ ]</regexp>
  </excludefromscan>
</video>
This will exclude all the default samples, but also files beginning with the word "sample". Smile
Note: You can use <excludefromlisting> instead of <excludefromscan> if you want to hide the samples from file view as well.

So I guess you were right after all xexe! Wink

and btw, I guess the reason why duplicates arn't shoing up in file view, even without the fix, is because it shows each folder, not the actual movie files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie library duplicates0