how to switch off XBMC without switching off the PC?
Hi,
I am currently using XBMC with the Media-Stream skin, and apparently, there is no way to switch off the Media-Center without switching off the whole computer? How can I close xbmc ans keep my Computer on? I am using Debian on it, if it can help.
Thanks for your help!
Choose quit from the shutdown method in Settings? :S

So long as its not running with '--standalone'.
Balbuzard Wrote:Hi,
I am currently using XBMC with the Media-Stream skin, and apparently, there is no way to switch off the Media-Center without switching off the whole computer? How can I close xbmc ans keep my Computer on? I am using Debian on it, if it can help.
Thanks for your help!

I could not help thinking you're either too lazy or too dumb to read the docs. Flooding the forums is so easy... No
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Haggy...I challenge you to find this information in the docs.

Balbuzard...here is what you need to do.

1. Go to CONFIGURE THE SYSTEM
2. Select SYSTEM
3. Change Shutdown function to Quit

That should do it. At least it does with 9.04-Beta1.
courthjester Wrote:Haggy...I challenge you to find this information in the docs.

Balbuzard...here is what you need to do.

1. Go to CONFIGURE THE SYSTEM
2. Select SYSTEM
3. Change Shutdown function to Quit

That should do it. At least it does with 9.04-Beta1.
Thanks, I was just looking for this info as well Smile
1: Nvidia Shield TV (2017) 16GB - 2: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 3: Beelink MinixMXIII II - 4: Beelink MinixMXIII II
NAS: unRAID 6.3 Pro • Case (NZXT H440) • MB (MBD-X7SBE with SIM1U+) • CPU (Xeon X3360) • RAM (4x2GB DDR2) • SATA (6 On MB, 8 AOC-SAT2-MV8) • PSU (EVGA SUPERNOVA 650 G2) • HDD (2 x Toshiba 3TB parity, 6 x WD Red 3TB xfs, 1 x 512GB SSD cache)  • UPS (APC BR1000G)
i think this raises a larger issue of inconsistency between skins.

PM3.HD (and assumedly PM3.SD) offer an "Exit XBMC" option in the shutdown menu.

MediaStream does not.. yes you can change the functionality of the shutdown option... but ideally they should offer an option to hide/unhide an exit xbmc option.

Personally, I just ssh into the box to do config items so its rare for me to want to exit xbmc and keep the PC running, though I've configured it with that option/ability. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to switch off XBMC without switching off the PC?0