Xbox or Win XP pc for XBMC ?
I have a softmodded xbox that has xbmc installed that i'm trying to use as a media center but also have a Via Epia mini pc with XP pro SP2 loaded that is connected to my 46"lcd. Which version of XBMC is better equipped for media center use and is more stable ?
go pc if you're doing anything high def (over 720p)

the original xbox cpu isn't strong enough for HD content.. was the only reason i switched from my xbox Smile
Actually unless that Via is running a really fast processor on it then you still won't do better than 720P content off of it.

With that said the xbox is still a good machine but all future development of XBMC is geared towards PCs now. So to get everything out of the current builds you should make the move to PC IMHO.
The via is a 1ghz cpu with 1gig ram so runs as quick as my AMD 3300 pc, main drawback is onboard vga but i dont really need hi def i just want to watch avi's etc on my 46" lcd in reasonable quality. Its very compact being smaller than an STB so fits nicely next to my bluray player/ vcr/xbox/amp/cable stb, i have download the live XBMC so i will make a bootable usb flashdrive and see how it goes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox or Win XP pc for XBMC ?0