Configure iMON for XBMC - need help
xexe Wrote:How did you manage to remove the system commands?

I misspoke, sorry; I didn't actually remove the Windows Commands, I removed the "RC Button Name" from that section:

Hope that clears things up.

I'm sure there are other ways to go about this, but this is what worked best for me.

-stoli-
stoli Wrote:I misspoke, sorry; I didn't actually remove the Windows Commands, I removed the "RC Button Name" from that section:

Hope that clears things up.

I'm sure there are other ways to go about this, but this is what worked best for me.

-stoli-

If you do that you won't be able to use the remote within Windows right? For instance, use the top green button (Atl+F4) to close other applications, use the volume keys to control the windows volume, etc...
I was having alot of probs getting the remote fully functional, looked at EG, etc. But I d/l the latest imon from antec along with the .imo file for xbmc that somebody posted and it works flawlessly now! There were two imo files for xbmc and 1 had a post with a complete walkthru how to set it up. Try that it works well. The only thing is disable the osd and audio notification for iMon it caused trouble with xbmc, at least with the atlantis build I am using. Cheers!
Now that I have everything setup correctly, I realized that burning to MP4 format doesn't allow me to access the movie menu. I used Handbrake to convert my unprotected dvds to MP4.

Another user said I should rip the movies in ISO format, so I tried with DVDShrink and the menu came up like I wanted, but when I click a menu option it just freezes. Is there any way to make ISO's work correctly, or can I make MP4's to retain the menu?

I am not at home to get you a log file right now.
Has anyone worked out a way to default iMon to keyboard and not mouse on boot up?
Having problems getting your TV shows recognized?

Try my extra TV show matching REGEX here
xexe Wrote:Has anyone worked out a way to default iMon to keyboard and not mouse on boot up?

iMON Manager - Settings - Initial keyboard / Mouse Mode Set to Keyboard Big Grin
I will look again but i could swear thats not there on mine.

(bet it is but im blind Smile

Edit: I swear i cannot find that setting. imon layout not that great but i cant see how i would not see something so obvious

Edit 2: Tried PepXri custom imon files. highly recommended. Think i might have to tweak it a bit for myself but will give it a good run first. Quesion... how do you map the RM200 GO button?

Maybe get the latest iMON download - Adding an app and mapping is straightforward with the latest version.
I have the latest Antec one and it is set to auto update.

Should i be getting a different version?

I have a Harmony 550, trying to get it to work with iMON. I cannot for the life of me get it to recognize the "Exit" and "Prev" buttons on my remote. When I press them, iMON shows no indication that it is picked up the IR signal at all. All of the other buttons work. Is this an inherent problem with iMON or can I somehow get it to recognize these buttons?
xexe Wrote:I also have the Antec with iMon.

iMon sucks. It is flexible enough to make you think it works well but soon enough you reach its limits. i.e. set the date format and dont scroll... turn of all OS controls etc

Id love to find a replacement and a way to echo XBMC info on the LCD.

Prepared to do some leg work if people have advice and experience to share

This is so true.
I spend several weeks jacking with iMON (also on a Antec Fusion) and never got it working in a way that met my needs. I ended up ditching it and now use an external MCE remote receiver with EventGhost.
I am so much happier with this solution, even though I now have an extra box sitting atop my otherwise elegant HTPC.
wildonrio Wrote:I have a Harmony 550, trying to get it to work with iMON. I cannot for the life of me get it to recognize the "Exit" and "Prev" buttons on my remote. When I press them, iMON shows no indication that it is picked up the IR signal at all. All of the other buttons work. Is this an inherent problem with iMON or can I somehow get it to recognize these buttons?

I have a 550 working just fine with all buttons. What did you set the remote to emulate in the Logitech setup program - Media Center is what is working for me

-stoli-
I have MCE remote and all buttons work great with iMON. Don't use the one Antec gives you go to Soundgraph and d/l the latest along with the .imo file for XBMC. Between tweeking keymap.xml and program commands for XBMC in iMON you can get it to do just about anything you want. Also mappped all this into a Harmony but honestly I like the MCE remote response better!
Hi

PepXri: any chance of your keymap and xbmc.imo files uploaded again?Mediafire link is downSad

Or maybe someone else is willing to share theirs? I have Antec Fusion Black 2 Case wit Imon and Harmony 555 remote.

I've managed to get it working more or less but would like to try some of your settings Smile

Thanks
ChapeL
Here is my tutorial for the remote (I hope its the same kind)

I can give you my kepmap if you want it too. My remote is FULLY functional now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Configure iMON for XBMC - need help0