Click Here For Latest
Hi Guys. I have been without net for a couple of weeks as I have been moving to a new city...( Cardiff or all places..bahhhhh )

Anyway I have spent a while now checking the forums and reading as much as I can and one thing I do not want to do is start posting message after message asking "where can I get this or where can I get that"

SO...How possible would it be to have a sticky which only has one post with a..."This is the latest build with this and that and its here"

I know github is there to suplpy the latest but I am still left confused.

I see Auriga has probably been released but I have yet to find out ( from reading ) if this is in githhub or if there is a seperate link or what.

I know I will probably find out from scanning more posts but I just thought it might be easier ( especially to someone who has never been to these forums before and setting up a system from fresh ) to have a "COME HERE 1ST" sticky.
http://github.com/djh/aeon/tree/auriga

Hit download Smile
mindweaver Wrote:http://github.com/djh/aeon/tree/auriga

Hit download Smile

Nice one thank you.. At least now tonight I can play around with getting a new setup working rather than wandering around fields with big wellies on Wink
Quote:I see Auriga has probably been released but I have yet to find out ( from reading ) if this is in githhub or if there is a seperate link or what.

Auriga has not been offically released, it is currently being released via the SVN trunk posted, and you should know that even though there are still problems with it, because it's a working product, it's awesomeness outweighs all of that I assure you.

--FF
I also wanted to know about Auriga, I currently have the Stark version, So do i have to download this auriga and remove the aeon stark skin. is that how it works. I am totally new to this and most of the Jargons in this forum does not make sense to me. So please excuse me. I am using (mac os x tiger).
popcorn369 Wrote:I also wanted to know about Auriga, I currently have the Stark version, So do i have to download this auriga and remove the aeon stark skin. is that how it works. I am totally new to this and most of the Jargons in this forum does not make sense to me. So please excuse me. I am using (mac os x tiger).

No need to overwrite Stark, just unzip Auriga to your AppData\XBMC\users\skin folder and you will have it available to select it in the Appearance menu in XBMC settings. So, you can test it without overwriting stark, but you need to configure the new skin from scratch. Also you might need to copy the "fonts" folder from your Stark folder to the new Auriga one.

Hope this helps.
thanks, this answers one of my questions i just asked in another post.
popcorn369 Wrote:I also wanted to know about Auriga, I currently have the Stark version, So do i have to download this auriga and remove the aeon stark skin. is that how it works. I am totally new to this and most of the Jargons in this forum does not make sense to me. So please excuse me. I am using (mac os x tiger).

for you .. it goes in ~\Library\Application Support\XBMC\skin
thank you.
The Transforminators HD Movie Trailer
- from the creators of Terminator and Transformers -
Yeah, sorta tied into this comment, is also the wealth of different mods out there for Stark and now Auriga. So many I'm getting confused where they are at when I want to go back and try one, what they do again, and trying to keep the ones I am using up-to-date.

Would a sticky and front page help on this one too? It's almost like Aeon could use an add-ons directory listing somewhere...
Quote:Also you might need to copy the "fonts" folder from your Stark folder to the new Auriga one.

You do NEED to do this, or you won't have any fonts, unless you're into that kind of thing :p

On the topic of mods, I'm still not sure i would even call them mods, more as hotfixes right now. They change AEON in it's current state, and many will be nullified by changes to the official code. Auriga is literally changing daily (see submenu mod and djh_'s most recent commits)

Maybe a mod directory would be appropreate once AEON is finished, but I don't see a need for it right now. Plus it's more fun to navigate threads to find changes Smile

--FF
Thanks for the reply guys. I downloaded the Aeon auriga and dropped it in the skins folder and called it aeon aurega and I have not removed the aeon stark folder so right now its like this
user/library/application support/xmbc/skins
Aeon Stark
Aeon Auriga

I also got the fonts from the starks folder and copied it to auriga, is that ok,

I went to the setting and changed it to auriga, but, I had to customize it again, but thats ok. Now AFAS the OSD when I played a movie the OSD did not show a stop button isn't that supposed to be in the Auriga. Also the view options I only have three LIST, WALL and SHOWCASE the fourt one is black on my screen. I can't choose that.

Any suggestions
There isn't a 4th view right now... DJH is looking for a new view to design
ok cool, thanks
popcorn369 Wrote:...Now AFAS the OSD when I played a movie the OSD did not show a stop button isn't that supposed to be in the Auriga...

The stop button is in the Auriga To Do List. It obviously needs to be done but I'd be more interested in the new views etc. before that as its not really necessary. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Click Here For Latest0