Analog output device for toslink?
Just keep in mind that the resampling option is changing the way your music sounds(cd 44.1 vs 48 for DVD,movies)
. It might or not be important to you. For me it is; in my audio system, I can tell the amplifier to "upsample" anything below 32khz, which is the minimum it can handle. It works for the various plugins to watch online videos, and I keep the original quality of the music.

Jyst my 2 cents.
Ubuntu 9.10 - XBMC 9.11 Beta
soder Wrote:But, isnt it strange that the sound from my tv shows that wasnt ac2 or DTS worked? Or was that because I had ICE958 in that setting to? How come it didnt work with the camera clip?

So this option Ive done now, will get me sound in the complete upuntu system?

/Söder

The problem was that the audio from your camera is:
- A. mono
- B. 11kHz

both things are not supported by your receiver.

By setting "audio output device" to "default" and creating the .asoundrc, you're sending all analogue audio the the "default" filter defined in the .asoundrc file. This will upsample all audio to 48kHz stereo and send it to the iec958 (hw:0,1) output.

Note, in a normal situation (without an .asoundrc file) the "default" output is the analogue output of your soundcard.

AC3 and DTS are not affected by this, since you've enabled passthrough for these codecs.
ronie Wrote:The problem was that the audio from your camera is:
- A. mono
- B. 11kHz

both things are not supported by your receiver.

By setting "audio output device" to "default" and creating the .asoundrc, you're sending all analogue audio the the "default" filter defined in the .asoundrc file. This will upsample all audio to 48kHz stereo and send it to the iec958 (hw:0,1) output.

Note, in a normal situation (without an .asoundrc file) the "default" output is the analogue output of your soundcard.

AC3 and DTS are not affected by this, since you've enabled passthrough for these codecs.

Thanks. Is this bad in some kind? Is there any analog audio that have higher bitrate or something, that now will be in worse quality?

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
Today, I rebooted my htpc, and now I get the same failure even when starting a movie with DTS or AC3. Is it possible it has something to do with this?

EDIT: I removed the .asoundrc and rebooted, and now it works again. What the fuck happend there? To take advanced of the the file, (to get the sound from my camera clip), I only had to log out and then log in again. Then everything worked.
But rebooting the computer, then I got failure for all sound...

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Analog output device for toslink?0