PC without 3D graphic cards = Aeon "wall" view not compatible ?
Hi, and after anything, big thx to Aeon creators.

I'm using a powerful computer, with integrated graphik card chip, 4Gb ram, and a 3.16 Ghz dual core intel.

I tried many skins : minimeedia, mediastream, PM3, playing loud 1080P movies .... everything ran perfectly and smoothly, until I tried Aeon.

Browsing sections is smooth, going to options, launching a movie ... But if i try to change the view in éwall" view ... I run at about 2 Fps :S. There are few sections, that are totally slow, making Aeon non usable on my computer.

I tried it on my other computer, with a nvidia graphik card, and everything run like a charm.

Here are 2 questions :

- I can test something to get the "wall" view smoother ? (others views run good. Some perfectly, like "list" view, some others less smooth, but not bad)
- Is there a mod for non 3d graphik card users ? (I tried Aeon lite, same problem)

thanks in advance !
99% sure that your "video card" just can't handle it.

If you're using Windows you might wanna try updating your video drivers if there are any updated releases? (probably won't help)
If you're using Linux you're up shit creek my friend as the OpenGL/driver support on intel "video" chipsets is laughable.

Only other suggestion I can offer is try a lower resolution. :p 1280x720 perhaps.
With some motherboards you can specifiy extra ram be made available to the integrated gfx card, the setting is in the bios. I know this worked for me, so I would definitely give it a try. What motherboard do you have?
http://www.intel.com/Products/Desktop/Mo...erview.htm

That is without a doubt the smallest motherboard i've ever seen outside a portable device. O.o
INtresting to know what OS your using only suggestion would be to make sure all your drivers are upto date inc Bios
Looking at the stats of this board it should be able to handle the images no problem.
What mem have you put aside for the GFX ? maybe upping that can help normally in the bios settings.
**EDIT :

Thanks Ram2000, I just look news drivers are available since 8 august from the intel website, and now, everything run more smoother !! It's really not bad, and I think everything will be improved with time. This chipset doesn't seems to be an easy thing for intel Wink

Ram2000 Wrote:INtresting to know what OS your using only suggestion would be to make sure all your drivers are upto date inc Bios
Looking at the stats of this board it should be able to handle the images no problem.
What mem have you put aside for the GFX ? maybe upping that can help normally in the bios settings.

I Ram2000. I'm pretty sure GFX drivers are up to date, but need to comfirm.
The bios has been updated just before this post, same problem. I'm under winXP sp3, and SSD harddrive.

About the memory, it's 4Gb (2x2Gb corsair). But windowsXP can't manage more than 4, right ?

(Ram2000, which specs makes you said "Looking at the stats of this board it should be able to handle the images no problem" ?) Also only with "wall view" in aeon make my computer damn slow ... all others skins and movies plays like a charm ... strange !
A 32bit OS can't handle more than 4Gb of ram.
If you're using a 64bit OS this is a non-issue.
hikaricore Wrote:A 32bit OS can't handle more than 4Gb of ram.
If you're using a 64bit OS this is a non-issue.

Yeap :'( and this motherboard have only 2 slots.
You shouldn't need more than 4Gb of ram 99% of the time anyway.
If you do, you're doing something wrong.
artik Wrote:**EDIT :

Thanks Ram2000, I just look news drivers are available since 8 august from the intel website, and now, everything run more smoother !! It's really not bad, and I think everything will be improved with time. This chipset doesn't seems to be an easy thing for intel Wink

I would still look into the bios see how much ram you have set aside for the GFX i bet it defaults to 256,
If it was me I would up it to 1gb 3 is more then enough for your OS. if your just running it as a media player.
Ram2000 Wrote:I would still look into the bios see how much ram you have set aside for the GFX i bet it defaults to 256,
If it was me I would up it to 1gb 3 is more then enough for your OS. if your just running it as a media player.

Absolutly, but I don't think I can tweak this setting. It seems I only have 2 choices : 128 or 256 ....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PC without 3D graphic cards = Aeon "wall" view not compatible ?0