On translations, mod ports to Auriga, bugs and requests
Just thinking out loud here.

I'm responsible for the spanish translation, so with Imaginos (french trans) we were preparing a github fork to ease the integration of translation updates for djh, using git instead of copying&pasting...

Besides that, people are requesting mod ports to make them work with Auriga. Others are simply requesting new features or bugfixes.

I think it's nice to have access to djh's codebase as it is commited. To see, test, discuss and so on. But Auriga is a work in progress, so I think it's pointless to make updates as Duncan makes new commits, until a feature-freeze Auriga version comes out. Strings to translate come and go, new features are redesigned or removed. So porting a mod to auriga or translating this or that new string is not worth the effort. New mod ports will eventually stop working after some new commits. Requests will eventually become useless as Duncan is busy developing some other features or had those features already on his agenda. Translations will eventually become obsolete and we all can use english to test, as we use it to talk here (It's our de facto esperanto).

So, discussing about possible directions, aesthetics, desirable new features, or even developing our own experimental mods and making them publicly available. That kind of things are very productive, inspiring.

But until some hypothetical 'quadriga' (or whichever funny name) comes out, it's quite useless and distracting to request any kind of code for auriga (mod ports, translations or whatever) IMHO.

I think we'll have time to request bugfixes/necessary features when Auriga becomes alpha. And time to translate when Auriga becomes feature-freezed.

So, for now, I won't submit my spanish translation with each commit. It'd be more work for me and more work for Duncan. I'll wait Nod

A github fork for translators will be ready when djh considers Auriga is ready. And I volunteer to help managing translations by people who don't want to use github, when that happens.

PS: That being said, I'll want to thank you all for your great work, mods, trans., studio icons, and so on. This is getting huge (lots of forks, github followers, and a tremendous forum activity).

And this is just my opinion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
On translations, mod ports to Auriga, bugs and requests0