New install on Ubuntu 8.10 missing Add Source VideoPlugins option
Folks,
Just installed XBMC on two machines using 3 different methods. Using the live distro, using synaptic, and compiling source from the latest svn. All three methods worked and XBMC runs. My installs do not display the Add Source plugin option following the instructions in the documentation. VideoPlugins is not available. On the computer that is compiled from source, the ~/.xbmc/plugins/video/ folder is missing. Should I just add it? I have searched the forums for help. Sorry if this has been covered
Followed these instructions:
* Start XBMC
* Go into the "Video" section if you like to add a video-plugin, the "Music" section if you like to add a music-plugin, etc. In this example we chosen to install a video-plugin.
* Select "Add Source"
* Select "Browse"
* Select "VideoPlugins"
* Select the video plugin you want to add from the list and press enter.
* Select "OK"
* Select "OK"
Thanks
Video plugin are hidden by default and will appear only when you have at least one plugin ...
I have the same problem, I have added the plugins and video folder manulally added the iplayer plugin in and still can not see it. I am using the version 8.10

Please help
musician2000 Wrote:I have the same problem, I have added the plugins and video folder manulally added the iplayer plugin in and still can not see it. I am using the version 8.10

Please help

I've installed a version from source a few week ago on ubuntu 8.10, had no problems. this was revision 18432.

Just tested different skins doesn't give any problems either.

To test this further i'll update the source and recompile... let you know my findings. My dev machine is a little slow, so this will take some time.
I tried this on another laptop with ubuntu 8.04 installed xbmc and there is no plugin folder or video one. Tried creating one but still when I go to video I do not get the option to browse video plugins. Even though I have added a plugin in this folder. Please help this is driving me nuts.
I have now installed it on a windows machince and the video plugin option isnt even on this.... I go to add source in the video menu like the video tutorial says.. then it goes to an option called video plugins and there all in there. I have video playlist but no video plugin even though on the windows one the folder does exesit with the Apple trailer one.

I really want this working on ubuntu but not even getting working in windows is rediculous. There are so many diffenrt tutorials on the net explaing this and how to solve this but none has worked.. could someone please let me know from scratch installing XBMC the stable release on ubuntu 8.04 how to get video plugins working.

Thank you
Exclamation 
I got windows working by restarting XBMC lots of times and then it suddenly appeared now in the menu.

Why does this not appear in ubuntu install of xbmc? When anyone eles installs XBMC on ubuntu does it already have a plugin directory and if so please send me a full list of the install instructions.

thank you
tmpdir Wrote:To test this further i'll update the source and recompile... let you know my findings. My dev machine is a little slow, so this will take some time.

Updated the source and everything still works fine. Plugin is shown in the different menu's... video, music...

I did not change any settings, but have plugins in the video, picture and music directory of "Home/[username]/.xbmc/plugins/"

can you check if you placed your plugins in the mentioned folders?
I didnt realise it went there I thought it was in Share/USR/XBMC

put it in that path and it all worked!
Folks,

Thanks, got it working on all installs. The hidden folder .xbmc in the home/(username ) directory tripped me up. The hidden folder is even made when compiling from source. After I installed the plugins there , it all worked. Thanks for the info
no problem, glad to help Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New install on Ubuntu 8.10 missing Add Source VideoPlugins option0