Trouble with xbmc and alsa
Hi

I use Opensuse 11.1 64bit with alsa 1.0.18. I use a svn version of xbmc (SVN:19672).

I have huge trouble to get my onboard sound work with 5.1 analog output. When I run "speaker-test -c6" from console, right front channel is outputed to right front and left rear channel and left front channel is outputed to left front and LFE channel. When I run "speaker-test -c6 -Dsurround51" it hand when trying to play the first sound. When I try to play a file with 5.1 sound xbmc crashes 5seconds later. When I activate the option "downsample mutlichannel to stereo" it wont crash but there is no surround sound.

I now I had the card working but I don't know how. It is an onboard 5.1 soundchip (ALC662). I use the option "model=3stack-6ch-dig". I had it working with that model before.

I googled a while and I found a lot of people with similar problems but none solution is working for me.

Someone here can give me a hint how to solve this problem?
I'm having a similar problem (trying to setup XBMC to output 7.1 analog through my X-Meridian). If someone could write a guide for setting up XBMC with analog multichannel output it would be great.
I have done on e little step. When I play a mp3 with amarok (gstreamer output plugin) 5.1 output works!. I can mute single channels in kmix and the correct chennel gets muted. I can't understand why this works and xbmc or speaker-tes doesn't work.

For me this sounds alittle bit wired and I don't know where to look ...
anderskkan Wrote:I'm having a similar problem (trying to setup XBMC to output 7.1 analog through my X-Meridian). If someone could write a guide for setting up XBMC with analog multichannel output it would be great.

I have an X-Meridian as well using 7.1 analog and 2nd the guide/faq request.

Thanks
My X-Meridian will output 7.1 analog witch perfect channel mapping using
speaker-test -Dsurround71 -c8 -twav

But no luck with XBMC
How do you guys see which devices you have?
I take a look at kernel messages and alsaconf. Somewhere bewteen the messages you can see the device. Afaik its also shown in alsamixer.

I've updated to alsa 1.0.19 with no better result Sad

/EDIT:

I was able to get the ac5.1 encoder from alsa working. With digital output I some nearly working sound, unfortunatly there are some glitches which sounds like buffer underruns ...
Statusupdate:
I've just compiled r20114. The sound issue is still there. Analog 5.1 output works well in KDE. In xbmc I'm only able to playback 2.0 sound. As soon as I want to play a file with 5.1 audio, xbmc tries to play a while (but there is no sound output) and than crashes after 5sec. It doesn't crash with digital output.

This is the debug output: http://pastebin.com/m602f8791
Unfrotunatly I doesn't have a backtrace because xbmc freezes.

With digital output I can playback the file. How should I proceed?

Cheers,
Just updated to alsa 1.0.20 and it is working again Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble with xbmc and alsa1