• 4(current)
New Movie (and TV!) view: Multiplex
OMG, thanks for the heads up.
LaTropa64 Wrote:.... I'm not sure how many more supplemental files I want to add to all my movies. I need to draw the line somewhere.

i have to completely agree with you on that one ..
Love this view!!
where the fcuk did you get watchmen and star trek on bluray djh, they arent out yet?
LaTropa64 Wrote:While it would be nice to have thumbs, I'm not sure how many more supplemental files I want to add to all my movies. I need to draw the line somewhere.
That's my main reason for this idea -
Hitcher Wrote:Why not pull the stills from the Bookmark folder so as to keep everything consistent. We can easily create our own using the Bookmark feature and they'll load much quicker because they'll be locally stored.
All we'd need then is an 'Auto Bookmark Creation' feature added to XBMC when it scans your movie for the first time and we wouldn't have to do anything extra at all to enjoy this view.
djh_ Wrote:I'd just like to stress these are dummy files on this PC. I'm not quite so naughty as to 'own' the films pictured. Not the focused ones, anyway.

Genetikal Wrote:where the fcuk did you get watchmen and star trek on bluray djh, they arent out yet?

Rolleyes
Doraemonn Wrote:An impressive view to be sure, but aren't we encroaching into MediaStream territory here? All that semi-transparent black... I don't know, it seems to move away from Aeon's airy style.

Well, I've come to accept that Aeon needs to encroach into various territories if it's to achieve its full potential. The trick is to keep a tenuous level of consistency based on what people will see on a day-to-day basis. The ingredients of a view like this are very challenging, and ultimately require the skin to be almost completely transparent yet entirely legible: with four separate bits of artwork on the go at once, together with a screen full of labels, big grey textures aren't gonna do that. List is a different proposition and gets away with it.

I've justified the darker tones in this and Stripshow because these are views that need never switch to others while you're browsing - they're entirely self-contained. Music, on the other hand, will usually switch back and forth between List and Showcase, so they're very similar in tone and layout. The only colour issue I have with Multiplex at the moment is that it jars with the fullscreen info view, so I may do dynamic colours for the info, or just change it. But you'll notice that there are deliberate consistencies where possible: the same glow frame as Wall, the same scrollbar style as Showcase, the same menu and underlying control scheme as the rest of the skin, the same time panel, the same zoom animations on the icons, the same ubiquity of fanart, the same fonts. All of these help compensate.

It's easy to say that the tones don't match, but it's not easy to pull off this breadth of function in a predominantly grey UI. Call it a sacrifice if you will, but I think the greater loss would have been a compromised, lighter view, or simply no such view at all.
tjep Wrote:I am filled with ore...

Don't go near a magnet... or Ian McKellen.

Villain Wrote:this is freaking awesome but how it looks when title is longer: Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter...

Well, it's doesn't look ideal. Same as the fullscreen info page, unfortunately. The optimum solution - and this is something I'll be pressing for when Team XBMC is clear of its milestone - would be to have labels that scale the text automatically to fit any length string into a fixed space. Until then, though, we just have put up with it. You might be able to do something with detecting characters at given offsets and, if they're empty, shrinking the font based on that - but what a mess that would end up being.

Hitcher Wrote:Why not pull the stills from the Bookmark folder so as to keep everything consistent. We can easily create our own using the Bookmark feature and they'll load much quicker because they'll be locally stored.

XBMC doesn't cache the thumbs at a particularly high resolution, for a start. I'd also rather not limit the artwork to XBMC's cache as you lose portability and the ability to share thumbnails. Also, it'd be even more work for people to slog through giant collections grabbing the ideal still from different parts of each film. Imagine if someone did that for 400 movies and then - as we know can happen - their XBMC cache was wiped.
Villain Wrote:this is freaking awesome but how it looks when title is longer: Lord Of The Rings, Harry Potter...

Change your info to remove the prefix, hah. Seriously, though it improves a lot of views.
Or turn off the media flags, of course:

It is really hard to wait for testing x)

Simply awesome view o_o
nice Wink
OMG insane!

I love it! With this view my last reason to use mediastream is gone.. I was all ready using aeon, but now its pushing close to perfect Smile

Will we get this view for TV-series as well?
when i said a couple more thumbnails, in flat mode all smothered in jam, i didn't think you heard meRofl
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Movie (and TV!) view: Multiplex0