Shutdown menu
Lightbulb 
I don't even know if xbmc supports it...

but it would be nice if the shutdown menu in AEON would "spawn" submenus with the option to either "exit xbmc", "shutdown windows", "Hibernate" or "Suspend". Instead of having to choose default shutdown behavior in settings. Huh

Simply because I would like xbmc to start fullsreen from windows startup, and normally shutdown windows when the shutdown option is selected, for ease of use for my wife.

At the same time it would be nice not having to call up taskmanager to kill xbmc when I want to use windows/upgrade xbmc. Shocked

I hope I'm making sense.
I'm sure it'll get added somewhere down the line seeing as Aeon used to have it.
Thumbs Up 
I sure hope so :-)
it also needs presets (30 , 60 , 120 etc) on the shutdown timer option :]
Yeah, it'll get all this at some point.
TiN-MAN Wrote:At the same time it would be nice not having to call up taskmanager to kill xbmc when I want to use windows/upgrade xbmc. Shocked

Alt-F4?
I would hope the option simply says shutdown instead of "shutdown ***dows".
Some of us might get offended if that word were to appear on our displays. ^_-
Quote:Yeah, it'll get all this at some point.

thanx djh for this great skin!!
Big Grin 
hikaricore Wrote:I would hope the option simply says shutdown instead of "shutdown ***dows".
Some of us might get offended if that word were to appear on our displays. ^_-

Haha, diden't even think about that :-D Sorry. just "shutdown" will do fine :-)

hicaow Wrote:it also needs presets (30 , 60 , 120 etc) on the shutdown timer option :]

I agree!

JoeLouie Wrote:Alt-F4?

wise-ass! Big Grin

and djh_ THANKS for the best skin for XBMC yet. I appreciate all your hard work Big Grin
Well there NEEDS to be a differentiation between shutdown, and quit. I use my HTPC for not only XBMC, but web browsing, and I can't stand it when i try out a new skin, and it shuts my computer down rather than just the program. I don't mind both of them being there, there just needs to be a distinction.

--FF
FernFerret Wrote:Well there NEEDS to be a differentiation between shutdown, and quit. I use my HTPC for not only XBMC, but web browsing, and I can't stand it when i try out a new skin, and it shuts my computer down rather than just the program. I don't mind both of them being there, there just needs to be a distinction.

--FF
It should be 'Quit' for ending XBMC.

Check Settings>Hardware>Shutdown Function>Quit/Suspend/Hibernate/Shutdown/Minimise
Ah, I'm an old xbox user, so shutdown simply always shut it down, and restart restarted it, you coulden't really "quit" an xbox unless you went to a different dash or a game...

Thank you for clairifying.

--FF
Well it woudl be a nice feature i would defenetly use it over pulling the plug of my ATV to get back to Frontrow hehe Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shutdown menu0