Cache Settings and Resolution setting missing
I am running the latest build provided by the Automatic Update Client (19664?) on Windows Vista 64.

I started to play a DVD and it paused every few minutes, very briefly, and I wanted to check the cache settings, which I used to access under
Settings--Video--Player, as in the WIKI page - http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Videos_Settings#Player

In fact, many of these settings, including External Player, Flicker, Soften, are not present. Should I make any other settings or re-install something?

Other than that, XBMC is a great product.

Regards, Richard
I seem to remember reading in Trac that the setting has been taken away, as it's rarely used. I might be wrong, though, wait for a developer.
The cache settings are not shown in the UI as they're not used full stop. It's the placebo effect at it's finest.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:The cache settings are not shown in the UI as they're not used full stop. It's the placebo effect at it's finest.
Huh What? Are you saying is something left over from the Xbox days that wasn't relevant for current builds?

For jitter related problems a high cache might help in synchronizing stuff maybe. But I'm sure some cache is currently used somehow. Would you be so kind as to explain the current way of doing things in this regard?

Cheers!
I would still love to set cache for Internet streams, buffering dialogue pops up too often and I would really prefer waiting longer at the beginning for more data to cache.
jmarshall Wrote:The cache settings are not shown in the UI as they're not used full stop. It's the placebo effect at it's finest.

Even if true, what about the other settings shown on the Wiki page?

Being able to set External Player from within the GUI would be very useful.

Regards, Richard

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cache Settings and Resolution setting missing0