Display issue with Apple TV and XBMC - Wrong sizes and Black bars
Just recently I got an Apple TV to replace my long serving original Xbox that was dying.

followed the online Tutorials and got the patchstick going

installed XBMC Babylon and I cant make it go fullscreen at any watchable/useable resolutions

480p has a big black bar and the 720 and 1080i seem to be far too large for the display? "Auto" is also too large?

am I doing something wrong? (tried many combinations of 1080i and 720p and yes I changed the res in ATV and XBMC)

Help please :-)
Spence Wrote:Just recently I got an Apple TV to replace my long serving original Xbox that was dying.

followed the online Tutorials and got the patchstick going

installed XBMC Babylon and I cant make it go fullscreen at any watchable/useable resolutions

480p has a big black bar and the 720 and 1080i seem to be far too large for the display? "Auto" is also too large?

am I doing something wrong? (tried many combinations of 1080i and 720p and yes I changed the res in ATV and XBMC)

Help please :-)

set the appletv (via frontrow) to 720p, in xbmc ,pick the setting that say "full screen"
Strange? tried that option and it does not show anything at all when tested - Blank screen.

I am connected by HDMI and my TV is 480P native but can recieve up to 1080i

when in 720p there is a program bar at the top which sometimes dissapears but the space is still there, this is the thing that is driving me mad as I am so close to being happy with it!
thanks for the suggestion though! I appreciate the help Smile
"Blank screen.", I bet your launcher version is 0.6 or 0.8. update the launcher. that's a different problem.
weird - I did update the launcher and now it is all fixedHuh??

Thanks again!

and thanks for writing this program!!!! I have loved it for 6 years now!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display issue with Apple TV and XBMC - Wrong sizes and Black bars0