[MAC] Option to disable Front Row in Mac OS X from XBMC?
Question 
I've just installed an updated version of XBMC on my mini mac with the Aeon skin (very nice by the way), but I've found that the apple remote is been interperted by a numbr of applications (namly front row) when I use it.

When I use the "up/down" functionality, it changes the volume (nice effect, but not what I want when navigating the menus) and hitting the menu button brings up front row...rather annoying actually.

I had a quick look around at some of the other threads and I'm unsure how to progress.

I've tried adding the disabled property com.apple.RmoteUI.plist file, but that doesn't seem to have helped.

Basically I was thinking of getting another mini mac to act as second tv (we use ATV for our main one at the moment), but this puts a stop to that idea.

Any suggestions??

Should I consider using another remote instread??

Any ideas would be welcome.

Cheers
Shane
You're probably just using an older version of the XBMCHelper (and/or XBMC) - in some cases it could screw up.

The latest versions of both are pretty solid now - you could start by trying Babylon Beta 1.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I'm currently using "andyblac's SVN build of XBMC for Mac rev19213"

Is that going to be okay, or should I try the "offical" Babylon release (which I think I have running on my ATV)?

Cheers
Shane
Babylon is at least 300 revisions newer than that, so yes, it may well fix the issue.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Excellent, I'll give it a wack
rustyknight did that fix your problem? i am also trying to figure out how to disable my remote from calling up frontrow and changing system volume on my mbp. let me know if you have any luck.
Yeah, that seems to cleared it up.

I had to delete the old app before I could install the beta 1 and restart the box, but it seems to working well.

Shane
great, works here for me as well. which mac mini do you have? i am considering getting one to run xbmc. i have an appletv but the aeon auriga really gets choked up running it. do you have yours hooked up to an hdtv? how exactly does that work? i know the new ones have the display port and mini dvi... also does the mac mini have a built in IR port because i dont see it on the front at all.
I have the older mini mac and brought a DVI to RCA converter for it, although I've not tested it yet...need to get the audio out soughted out...besides, my TV doesn't support full 1080p output via the PC input, I have to run through the RC port.

I run it a full-res 1920x1080 on my LCD display and it seems to work well.

The IR port is the little black dot on the right side of the CD tray...

I've not tried full HD playback as most of my personal content has been exported for the ATV so it's a max of 720p

I'd like to get another one as I think it would be cheaper then buying another TV soley (and I get access to the media center as well).

Any ideas from others would be cool as well!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Option to disable Front Row in Mac OS X from XBMC?0