Right-Trigger causes XBMC to Crash in XP
Hey gang. I used XBMCupdate 0.7.6 on 4/20 to update the build of XBMC on my HTPC. While I don't have a rev. number, I've at least got a date for you. I updated to rev 19293 last night, and this is still present.

Since that update, I noticed a rather irritating problem.

Using XBMC-windows with an Xbox1 remote, any press of the Right trigger (scroll down) causes the program to crash immediately.

I looked into the mapping for the controller, and Windows has the right trigger set up to use the RX+ axis under XBCD setup. (as per the config file released here a while ago)

This configuration hasn't changed since I first got it working some months ago, which leads me to believe it's gotta be an internal XBMC problem. Also, it occurs anywhere in the program, regardless of the skin being used.

And there is nothing in the debug log to tell me anything. I turned on full logging, and the program just kills before the buttonpress is even recognized by XBMC. This is why I am not submitting a log.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47522

I have a similar problem, even with the latest babylon beta 1.
It`s a known issue but no known solution.... seems hard to replicate for the devs.

I`m using rev 18851 as it`s the last known working one, hopefully someone will find out whats wrong as it makes newer builds of xbmc unusable with a gamepad
Joslse Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47522

I have a similar problem, even with the latest babylon beta 1.
It`s a known issue but no known solution.... seems hard to replicate for the devs.

I`m using rev 18851 as it`s the last known working one, hopefully someone will find out whats wrong as it makes newer builds of xbmc unusable with a gamepad

Hmmm...

You did catch that I'm using an Xbox 1 controller, right? Still, I think the drivers are all XBCD, so there could be a connection there. I'll try 18851 once and see if that fixes the problem.
It seems to crash regardless if you use xbcd, xpadder, eventghost or xbox1 or xbox360 gamepad, atleast thats what i gather by reading the entire thread.

The axis thingy seems to mess it upp somehow
Joslse Wrote:It seems to crash regardless if you use xbcd, xpadder, eventghost or xbox1 or xbox360 gamepad, atleast thats what i gather by reading the entire thread.

The axis thingy seems to mess it upp somehow

That's what I gathered. Strange. At least I'm not the only person with this problem...that really sucks. Wink
I had the same problem. If I remember correctly, I just remapped the triggers to different buttons (X- and X+) or something and then edited the keymap.xml accordingly and it worked just fine.
Yeah i have a similar prob, x360 pad, right on analouge stick closes XBMC.
v0lrath Wrote:I had the same problem. If I remember correctly, I just remapped the triggers to different buttons (X- and X+) or something and then edited the keymap.xml accordingly and it worked just fine.

What did you change in the keymap to make the different axis work?
I have the same problem here, if I press any button on my xbox 360 controller (using wireless reciever for windows), XBMC crashes. Ive updated XBMC and the driver for the reciever but problem persists. Im also using ControlMK to assign the buttons.

Headwreckin'
Huh
Emmettf Wrote:I have the same problem here, if I press any button on my xbox 360 controller (using wireless reciever for windows), XBMC crashes. Ive updated XBMC and the driver for the reciever but problem persists. Im also using ControlMK to assign the buttons.

Headwreckin'
Huh

You shouldn't really need a 3rd-party app to make it go, just the controller/reciever and XBCD drivers.
Is XBCD not for the original Xbox controller?
digitalhigh Wrote:What did you change in the keymap to make the different axis work?

I remapped the right and left triggers to X+ and X- respectively. I don't know what they were before.

The keymap should look like this:

<axis id="1" limit="+1">ScrollDown</axis>
<axis id="1" limit="-1">ScrollUp</axis>

If anyone really wants, I can post my keymap.xml and XBCD config files here.
Emmettf Wrote:Is XBCD not for the original Xbox controller?

I'm pretty dang sure that XBCD has drivers for both systems. Thought that's how I got my 360 controller to run for NES/SNES emus...

v0lrath Wrote:I remapped the right and left triggers to X+ and X- respectively. I don't know what they were before.

The keymap should look like this:

<axis id="1" limit="+1">ScrollDown</axis>
<axis id="1" limit="-1">ScrollUp</axis>

If anyone really wants, I can post my keymap.xml and XBCD config files here.

That makes sense. I can get it to work from here. The only other thing I need to change is my Xpadder config, which I use to keep the left stick mapped to the mouse for other applications and such.

What axis do you have mapped to the left thumbstick then?
digitalhigh Wrote:What axis do you have mapped to the left thumbstick then?

I use the left thumbstick for the same thing as the triggers (fast scrolling), so it's mapped to X+ and X- as well.

Off topic: mapping Y to show movie/episode info is a good idea, if you havent already mapped Y to something else. Smile
We removed the offending patch and it should work now without a crash. Hopefully we'll find the reason for it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Right-Trigger causes XBMC to Crash in XP0