Album Aritist Problems
I have read the wiki which says that the first thing xbmc looks for is album artist.

In my music collection I have every uk number 1. all of the tracks album artist tag is "VA - Every Uk Number One" but when I add it to xbmc it organizes it by each tracks individual artist as opposed to the album artist as the wiki says it should.

Can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks Smile
In music settings select the to library tab/section then select "Hide Artists That Only Appear On Compilations"

also make sure the mp3 IDtags have "Compilation" tagged
Thanks Big Grin

I looked through the settings for an option like this but somehow missed it.
I'm having trouble with one compilation album appearing as all the Artists for the track names and not the actual album.

I've used both MP3Tag and Tag&Rename to make sure the the Album Artist is set to Various Artists and that 'Compilation' is also tagged but it still refuses to work.

The album in question is 'Ministry Of Sound Chilled II 1991-2009' and the really weird thing is 'Ministry Of Sound Chilled 1991-2008' is tagged exactly the same but works fine.

Here's a debug log -

http://pastebin.com/f5fce5fe
Please have a look at my posting - I am not sure if you guys have similar problem
I tried removing the cue files and it scanned as one album but then I have no way of knowing what the tracks are and I also can't skip them because it's a mix CD.
I've checked the cue files for both albums and they're identical (apart from the tracks obviously) so I can't see why one is scanned correctly by XBMC and the other isn't.
Ahhhhhhhh, tried adding one CD at a time to see if there was one in particular that was causing the problem and discovered it was CD2. Upon checking it's cue file (which I edited so all 3 CDs appear as one) I found I'd made a typo. Rolleyes

Code:
TRACK 28 AUDIO
    TITLE "Digital Love"
    PERFORMER "Daft Punk"
    INDEX 01 26:57:73
  TRACK 19 AUDIO                  <--------- should have been TRACK 29 AUDIO
    TITLE "Valley Of The Dolls"
    PERFORMER "Mylo"
    INDEX 01 31:42:00
  TRACK 30 AUDIO
    TITLE "The Other World"
    PERFORMER "Jakatta"